Lumia 950 Cortana + Bluetooth Music + Navigation issues

Boomwaller

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all new Lumia 950 owner here just wanted to see if anyone has had similar issues. When streaming Music via Bluetooth audio (Car Visor mount) Music works fine. As soon as I have navigation going (Turn by Turn) Cortana is either muffled or quiet or like misses half the direction.

For example: music playing, music paused ......static " urn left " Music resumes , again music pauses.... " muffled noise...street north turn right"

Turning Music off it seems to do just fine, and if I mess with settings it acts like I am making a call every time a turn by turn notification is coming up but not delay/missing sound. Time for a new Bluetooth Visor mount ? It worked with my iPhone and Previous devices and still does or is it just how Windows 10 Mobile handles Bluetooth streaming and turn by turn commands?

Also running latest updates no insider builds, also it happens on any navigation app tested with 4 of them.

Thanks for the help!

jm2003uk

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Mine does exactly the same, although mine is connected via Bluetooth to my car stereo. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the volume of Cortana independently of other apps (that I know of anyway). The only work around I found was by enabling the option that you found so it treats it as a voice call and then I while it's speaking, turn the volume up on my stereo (it stores the volume for calls and music separately). This won't really help you unless your visor mount will let you do similar with the volume, but might be worth a try. I will add though that when Cortana speaks in this mode, at least for me, the voice quality doesn't sound all that brilliant. Kinda tinny like.

Boomwaller

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am going to try new hardware it seems my old Blackberry visor mount is a concern as well, I mean heck I got it in 2011. The new Bluetooth visor mounts I tried seem to handle the audio from navigation etc better. I will update if that does help, from early testing seems to be the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans