Raise to wake?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I see people talking about raise to wake on the Elite x3. Is there an option for this? My unit does not do this. It would be useful to me with the lack of glance.

Thank you.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, though the option is labelled as Double Tap to Wake. I believe it is disabled by default.

Settings > Extras > Double Tap

Once you enable it, you can adjust the sensitivity. The default setting should be fine for most, but if you find it's waking too easily or not fast enough, you can adjust it.
Not sure about the last slider, I think it may switch it to double tap (instead of simple motion wake) when you increase it, but I have not tested it (nor could I get double tap to work, only raise to wake).

Once you make any changes, you have to hit the button at the bottom and then restart the device to apply the changes.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I realized this a little while ago now.
I didn't enable double tap to wake because I thought raise to wake would be sufficient but then I noticed once I enabled it the raise to wake worked as well.
I got lucky and the first try of the settings I chose (different from default) work perfectly for me, both for double tapping and raise to wake.

Thank you though. :)

Guiguixtrem

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem with "Double tap to wake" compared with my Lumia 650
For sleep is OK so it's very difficult to wake up the phone with this option
(I have a latest firmware).

Do you have the same problem ?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I do not have any issues.
I have found I use Double tap less and less now because as soon as I put my finger on the fingerprint reader it wakes and unlocks.
I only use Double tap when the phone is sitting down face up and I want to access stuff.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
As a warning, don't set the sensitivity to max on the settings. I tried that, and phone went into endless reboots. I had to reinstall the OS via Windows recovery tool.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre