Windows 10 Camera App picture quality is awful

markymarc123

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I just got my Lumia 830. It obviously came with Windows 8 and I had been using that for the last few days testing out the camera. I was impressed at the quality of the low light shots on this device using Lumia Camera.

Now I have upgraded to Win 10, Lumia Camera is no more. I took some photos at my xmas party in a low light setting. The camera initially took clear, low noise photos, then this horrible "Post Processing" kicks in 1-2 secs later and completely washes out the colour and detail. It's very fustrating to see a good image being ruined by this app.

Has anybody else experienced this? It feels like Microsoft have made a "One Size fits all" camera app that can do most things but masters nothing.

I noticed alot of folk on the 950 forum are complaining about this too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately the Camera experience is not equal to Lumia Camera. If you wish to stay on Windows 10 Mobile, I would recommend getting a third party app for best results such as ProShot, and Camera360Sight.

If you don't want to stay on Windows 10 Mobile, there is a safe way to downgrade your device, which we can also help you with, if interested. For now, I would just recommend either of those apps.

markymarc123

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi Libra,

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

I think i will give this ProShot app a try before I downgrade to W8.1. I have heard some good things about it

It's disappointing as I do like Windows 10 and it has an improved Instagram/Facebook app which is very appealing as I take alot of photos.

Srdjan Colakovic

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
So many times I take a picture but then it ''adds the finishing touches'' and ruins it. Argh. The problem is, the app itself is really good, best it's ever been, but the processing has gone to ****. Maybe to make us switch to the 950s?

markymarc123

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Another thing i have noticed which is very irritating is the fact I cannot play Youtube videos/music when the phone is locked, it just cuts off.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I was considering moving to the Lumia 950 but to be honest I don't think i can trust Microsoft anymore.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Another thing i have noticed which is very irritating is the fact I cannot play Youtube videos/music when the phone is locked, it just cuts off.

I was considering moving to the Lumia 950 but to be honest I don't think i can trust Microsoft anymore.

What app are you using for YouTube? You might have to enable background playback.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I believe, myTube Beta is the YouTube app you're looking for. Though it's still in beta the app is easily the best YouTube client in the Windows Store.
It's very quick, plays videos in the background and has a very clean design.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/mytube-beta/9wzdncrdt29j?tduid=(93db42eaa4c1e13c545a8aff12091052)(213688)(2795219)()()

anzx

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with the camera. The app is bloody awful, in my case it didn't even store pictures, 2/3 HDR photos were broken, video recording was not working (skiping frames).... I send it back for repair under warranty, and all they did is, install windows 8.1 back. :A

So what can you do yourself is, reset your device, and don't let windows 10 update the Lumia camera app. The problem is, everytime you visit the store you will see the waiting update for the lumia camera app, which for me is quite annoying.(I wish I would know how to hide an update from download list in windows store.)

From what I'm experiencing now with Microsoft, is just one big dissapointment. And my seriosly considering switching to android or iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786