it's time to start a thorough discussion about HP Workspace

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everyone. Recently*moved from my 950XL to the HP x3. I have been using continuum since its beginning and have found it useful in many ways as an addition to my normal computing for work and personal. I am anxious to use the HP Workspace to add some depth to the existing*Continuum experience.*But, I have to admit I have encountered a roadblock on the setup of Workspace. I cannot get answers from Microsoft or HP on the process of acquiring a subscription key*for Workspace. I have really been trying and maybe I'm just missing something obvious. I am the owner of my company and can implement this into my business, but I can't seem to figure it out. Can any and all of you with details of successfully setting this up please provide some details here. Any and all info very much appreciated. P.S. Best WP I have had to date!

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to contact HP directly. They sent a no reply email thanking me for my interest in workspace and someone would contact me shortly. That was two weeks ago. I've since tried calling, emailing, MS, as well, but just get through to levels of people who don't have answers. I'm usually pretty good at getting through to the right people, but I have to admit this process has been unnecessarily tough.

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I honestly don't understand the point of HP workspace.

Why not just buy a dedicated server, cloud server or VPS and remote desktop in to any application you want? HP workspace was supposed to be something like $50 a month right? so $600 a year to access Office and a couple of other basic programs...

$50 is about ?40 You can get a windows VPS for ?10 and a decent sized cloud instance or dedicated on windows for ?30 . Thats not to mention the ability to use it for other things (storage, web server, game server etc) outside of a remote session.

That's upto ?360 a year to spend on software...

edit, not sure why GBP symbol is getting removed?

Last edited:

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to contact HP directly. They sent a no reply email thanking me for my interest in workspace and someone would contact me shortly. That was two weeks ago. I've since tried calling, emailing, MS, as well, but just get through to levels of people who don't have answers. I'm usually pretty good at getting through to the right people, but I have to admit this process has been unnecessarily tough.

Any chance that you have an HP case number so I can check on this for you? Thanks

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I got a call from a third party to set up workspace. It's odd. They have my info from my initial inquiry to HP. But, they have to set a call back from a person who will then deal with setting it up with me. And that call back is delayed for a week from now. The whole process just feels unnecessarily cumbersome. I just want to play with the multi tasking and see if I like it. You should be able to do that on your own. So far this whole thing began a month ago almost. Not encouraging. Sorry if I seem let down. Very ready for Microsoft to have their official fortifying to the vanilla continuum experience. I love it all so far, but it stops very short of a complete process.

priscillaHP

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your post. How impressive it is to see your issue being directed to my profile in a different community and to see a private email in Spiceworks directing me to this thread. I do regret your challenges and would like to assist if the issue has not been resolved. As has already been asked is there a case number? You can respond to me directly at PSGSocialMedia@hp.com Attn: Priscilla. I look forward to making your HP product experience more positive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs