Idol 4s WDRT shows "Package not available for this device"

rruffman07

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi

went to try to reload my original OS on my idol 4s and it says "Package not available for this device" when I select*the TMobile option,*if I select the Unbranded version it shows a download available but fails to install.. currently on latest version of insider build fast ring. is anyone else having this issue?

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I too am having this problem. I realize this new phone and*only recently it shows up*on the recovery tool. I think I jumped the gun on*trying the insider program on this phone. It is so buggy on this phone. I am not complaining I understand the risk . but now I just like to put it back to what it was out of the box. I know a package not available yet. but is there some work around. If not guess just have to wait. Don't think will be using the insider build on this phone anymore.

Jared Parkinson

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
The firmware for this phone was available up until yesterday, and I had successfully used WDRT on my Alcatel Idol 4S before then. I have a copy of the firmware still I just wish I could find a way to successfully use it again.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The firmware for this phone was available up until yesterday, and I had successfully used WDRT on my Alcatel Idol 4S before then. I have a copy of the firmware still I just wish I could find a way to successfully use it again.
It's stored in your PC. You can use it again if you need to. Look in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Jared Parkinson

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
WDRT is letting us flash the phone even though the firmware is already downloaded. When you select the device it just says "Package not available for this device."

rruffman07

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Anytime you re-flash that particular device the firmware is there, you don't have to download it again.

its not working like that it still shows packages not available as i previously mentioned in my first post I have always had the image in place, I can't believe how MS seems to break things from day to day, thing that worked before... I think this is the thing that make people the most upset with this new process of always updating...

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Wish I'd seen this post before going to insider fast on my Idol 4s. It's not horrid, but i need the Wifi calling, which is still absent in the current fast build. i hope one or the other is corrected soon.

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else installing this build; can you confirm if WiFi-Calling has returned? I loaded the WDRT build and i don't see the icon representative of the feature present.

***UPDATE***
Nevermind. Installing the phone update after loading the WDRT build brings back WiFi Calling.

Last edited:

Meier538

May 28, 2014
Visit site
You have to get it through WDRT.

Hello, unfortunately I do not have an idol 4s, the reason I am looking for the*ffu/firmware package is to help unlock volte/wifi calling on the Lumia 950s. I've posted before in the firecexl*threads but no one replied to offer the packages. If we can get our hands on an ffu/cablist for the idol 4s, it would help us to decompose the*ffu to find the ppkg files or how the settings are applied for the windows 10 builds for*tmobile.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, unfortunately I do not have an idol 4s, the reason I am looking for the*ffu/firmware package is to help unlock volte/wifi calling on the Lumia 950s. I've posted before in the firecexl*threads but no one replied to offer the packages. If we can get our hands on an ffu/cablist for the idol 4s, it would help us to decompose the*ffu to find the ppkg files or how the settings are applied for the windows 10 builds for*tmobile.
That is copyrighted IP and I'm pretty sure it's against Mobile Nations rules to distribute.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss