Nokia Lumia duplicated messages

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Afternoon,
I'm in the process of moving from a Nokia Lumia 930 to a Lumia 950 (in part due to not having enough space and being unable to add an SD card).
I got the radio working on my 950 (yay!) however the other day I (stupidly?) imported the contacts from my 930 to my 950. After that, all the contacts were duplicated on both my 930 and 950.
Yesterday (after doing some digging) I found a suggestion online to login to people.live.com and click People > Manage > Clean Up Contacts. That worked quite well and all the duplicates are now gone, however any new text messages I receive on my 930 (as I haven't transferred the SIM yet) are now being created in a new thread, instead of appearing in the existing thread. eg, my wife has a lengthy thread of messages on my 930. She sent me a text today and it appeared in a new thread, with her name, coming from the same number.
This is a major nuisance - is there any way I can tidy up my SMS's as well, so they all appear in the ONE thread from her (like before) instead of two?
Also - is there an easy way to transfer Whatsapp/Viber messages from one phone to another, or are they stored in the cloud and follow you around from handset to handset, providing you keep the same number?
Any help greatly appreciated, thanks very much!

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Update - a backup and restore seems to have fixed the new thread problem, but I lost some photos on the way - if they weren't stored in One Drive they're gone for good, right? :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos