Video recording issues

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Tried to shoot a few minutes of video with my trusty 950 XL. After about a minute, I got a flashing image of my microSD card and the recording stopped. Why? Card write speed too slow? I know it's certainly not full.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Tried to shoot a few minutes of video with my trusty 950 XL. After about a minute, I got a flashing image of my microSD card and the recording stopped. Why? Card write speed too slow? I know it's certainly not full.

Which settings you're using to record the video?

1080p 30 or 60fps
2160p 30fps?

If you use higher video recording settings (like 4k), the card must be class 10. (preferably from a well known brand)
It seems the buffer was overfill and the phone couldn't write the info in time to the card.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea, card speed is probably the issue here. I got a Class 10 UHS-I card in my Priv and I think it said somewhere it can handle 1080p capture. I'm not sure it'll be up to the task of 4K or 60 fps 1080p. I should test it.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it was just a glitch.

Sent from mTalk

At the end of the day I rarely use my phone for either video or pix. It's mostly for catching those humorous moments I need to share to FB or such. If I need to record some 4k video with my phone, I can store it to my phone instead of SD, since I don't use much storage on the phone itself. Or I can go with 1080p at 30fps. I guess standard HD is 'good enough' lol.

Jorge2912

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Also i have the same issue when records videos and my micro sd card is CLASS 10 1 . and is very strange even recording at 720/24fps .. i hope microsoft camera team answer that question and solve the problem because really is strange and weird that on a CLASS 10 micro sd memory. i used a sandisk ultra 128 and a samsung EVO+ and is no problem of memory.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I just changed my storage from external card to internal. I rarely shoot pictures and even less video. Storage is not an issue either on the device or externally.

Jorge2912

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
i wonder if soembody of microsoft mobile Oy or microsoft mobile team is reading that post , i would like know if they will solve the problem or again won't hear the customer and forgot that customer is first.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
i wonder if soembody of microsoft mobile Oy or microsoft mobile team is reading that post , i would like know if they will solve the problem or again won't hear the customer and forgot that customer is first.

My guess is that they don't have the resources, time or money to monitor forums for complaints. And if it's anything like my employer, they'll make you fill out a 30 page form and provide 52 examples and evidence to prove it. Then they'd come back and call it 'an isolated incident' and do nothing to actually address it. I moved picture and video capture to my internal memory and moved forward. I can always transfer to my SD card after the capture if I need the space, which I do not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05