Would it be best to uninstall apps on a microSD card, before replacing it?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
We've got several Lumia 640s in our household, mainly because they are inexpensive Windows Phones that are still quite nice. As you know the Lumia 640 comes with only 8 GB of storage on the device itself, but there's room for a microSD. We're using that in all of the 640s we own. My wife's 640 is experiencing some problems with its microSD card. We're thinking seriously of replacing it. Most of her apps are installed on the microSD card. Would it be best to uninstall the apps (assuming we can do so) before taking the old microSD card out and putting in a new one?

We're got Windows 10 Mobile on all of our 640s.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter. If you remove the apps they won't be accessible, if you remove the card, the apps will still not be accessible. I would move the apps that have data you want to save over/as many apps as you can then switch out the card. SD card apps can only be accessed by the phone that put them there.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I find it highly advisable to uninstall the apps before you replace the Micro SD card.

When you install the new card, format it from within the phone first and then start installing the apps.
That way, you're starting from a clean slate and this would produce the least errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon