Restart issue seems to be resolved by new back cover

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
OK, so I have a Lumia 735 with insider build 10.0.14965.1001. On this build as well as the last several builds, the phone has been restarting at least 5-6 times a day. I thought it was just due to the insider builds, so I lived with it. Sometimes it would shut off, and I would have to pop the back cover off and remove the battery to get it to power back on.

A few weeks ago, I popped the back cover off, and the cover cracked right beside the volume button. Still popped back in place, but I decided to order a cheap cover off eBay to replace it. The new one arrived 2 days ago, and swapped it on(lime green cover, paid $4 shipped I believe, super cheap knock off). Since then, my phone has not restarted once(I know because it always gives an SD card error when it restarts, and it is LOUD).

I am surprised that my restart issue could possibly be caused by the back cover, but it definitely seems to be the case. I will be sure to post up if the problem returns. I am just REALLY happy to once again have a reliable phone. I bought this phone to bridge the gap between my Lumia 928, and a newer windows phone... just hope Verizon has something decent early next year!

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
The back cover is nice. I did have to cut a little excess plastic off from the power button opening. It only took a razor blade and a few seconds. The button was sticking due to the extra plastic. Since then, the cover has been great. The phone did restart itself maybe twice since I posted this... but that is a HUGE improvement from before.

The day after I posted this message, the phone totally locked me out "due to security concerns" or something like that, and the instructions for resetting the phone did not work for me. I had to restore the phone, but it luckily was backed up, so I only lost a days worth of text messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon