Can I restore only settings from backup? I don't want every thing to be restored. Especially I I want word suggesting while typing. I have worked allot to save my native words to the suggestion list. And it will go if I reset and don't restore data any suggestions from anyone?
    Thank you
    12-23-2016 10:44 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't think you have a choice in what can be restored. It's all or none, aside from app information.
    mc_razza likes this.
    12-24-2016 12:14 AM
    Can I restore only settings from backup? I don't want every thing to be restored. Especially I I want word suggesting while typing. I have worked allot to save my native words to the suggestion list. And it will go if I reset and don't restore data any suggestions from anyone?
    Thank you
    just as libra said, there ain't a way to select what you want to restore. But see, when you restore, all the settings and all get restored completely, and the apps as well. All you gotta do is uninstall the unwanted apps. Other than that, i dont think there is anything else that gets restored. (accounts, settings, wallpapers, ringtones, contacts, messages, and apps.)
    12-24-2016 12:19 AM
    Or, before resetting everything, go to "settings", "update and backup", there go to "backup". And you shall see an option in it called "more options" at the bottom. Press it. It shall open backup options. There if you wait for a minute, an entire list of apps that are allowed to be backed up will come. You can untick them. And then press the backup now button. It shall back up. Once done, restore your device. :)
    12-24-2016 12:24 AM
    Ok thanks fir suggestions
    12-24-2016 02:11 AM
    Actually I am having some issues with my mobile I made reset my mobile and restore the backup it didn't worked so I have planed to reset without restore. Which one do you suggest may I use device recovery tool or reset without restore?
    12-24-2016 03:11 AM
    Both the solutions will work fine.
    it is upto you to decide.
    I can show you the difference.

if you reset without backup, your phone will remain on the build of windows that you are on right now.
    and if you use the recovery tool, you will be pushed back to an old but reliable build, and you will have to upgrade your way to the current build.

it is up to you to decide if you want to continue with the current build or no. :)
    12-25-2016 07:07 AM
    Do you know how to upgrade to Windows 10 build from 8.1?

I had 10 before using the recovery tool (from PC). It put me back to 8.1. I want my 10 back!!! :-)
    01-27-2017 11:40 PM
    download the UPGRADE ADVISOR app from Windows Store and use the app to find out if an upgrade is available. You can download the 3GB Windows10 Mobile update.
    02-26-2017 09:26 AM