Lumia 950 with car USB?

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Having had an older Lumia (640) I assumed that when I upgraded to a Windows 10 native Lumia with USB OTG I'd be able to plug it into my car for music. I've just tried this with my new 950, using the included USB-C to regular USB cable, and it still doesn't work. My car stereo still says "check your device", same as it did with my old 640. I checked the USB settings on my 950 and it does say that it can connect to external devices like mice and keyboards. So what gives?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
This is frustrating. I believe the problem lies with no support as a mass storage drive. This worked perfectly with old windows mobile 6.5 and older. With the change to windows phone 7 up to present Microsoft took out support for mass storage drive. Sucks that we have to use headset jack to car stereo.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
This varies from radio to radio and the age of the radio.... A friend has a year old pioneer in her car and my 950 DID play via USB (she shouldn't have bluetooth) The radio was in APP mode (as opposed to MTP) and it took about 4-5 seconds before music started to play. I was also able to skip back and forth from the radio. On my soon to be 7 year old alpine, it does not work. Granted, charging was pointless, as the power provided just slowed down the drain on the 950.

Here's the radio I mentioned that my 950 did work via usb
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-X2800UI

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have the the pioneer deh p5200 HD in my 2011 Ford Ranger. That model only supports iPhone or mass storage. When I plug my Lumia 650 into usb, radio screen shows USB\NA.
My phone does charge though at 500 ma. My 8 plus year old touch pro 2 running win. 6.5 worked great.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre