Lumia950xl continous beep

thunderHC

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I got few days ago for my girlfriend lumia 950xl and today when she was checking emails the screen went black and was on top a little bit grayish line on the spot where appear all the notifications and stuff and started beep pretty loud. She said it came by camera. The only way to get rid of it was to pull battery out and back in and now works again fine. Anyone else having/had also this problem and what might cause it?

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Yep, this happened to me. You might not believe it but I had this phone for 2 months. I already encountered many bugs that annoyed me. For my phone, it wasn't a beep, it was a continuous, loud sound. Only happened once, though, hopefully it won't happen again.

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
it may be an early sign that your battery is going to fail. Best case scenario is that it only happens while you are next to it and quickly take the battery out to reboot the phone. Worst case scenario is you don't notice it for a little while and it start to overheat and bulge (happened to one of my 950XLs). Best advice would be to grab a brand new battery ASAP before there are no longer available just in case things go south (they've already stopped manufacturing them nearly 7 months ago according to a friend who works at Microsoft).

Was your 950 XL brand new? What is manufacturing date of the battery (it's printed on it)?

thunderHC

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
She had it in her hands. And right away started prying the back cover open. It took for a while to get it open since she has short nails. And when was out it was warm a little. It's second hands unfortunately... Where i live is really hard to get Lumia950/950xl or windows phones in general since they are quick sold out

MAK11

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
26 Sept 2015 is old (one of the first batches of batteries and phones. The first 950XL shipments to stores debuted in late November early December 2015). So it's safe to assume that this may be the issue going forward. try to grab a new one on the net asap to be safe. They still have some in stock at rounded.com.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
The beep? Yeah, it happened to me, was not a beep, actually. More of a continuous sound as I said before (I own one of the newer versions, purchased from the Microsoft Store.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel