L735 - Camera error 0xA00F4271 (0xC00D3704) - after windows 10 upgrade

gkostadinov

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been searching the interwebz for about a month now and simply cannot find a solution for this.
I've got a 735 that I bought with a working back camera.
I upgraded to Windows 10 and the camera continued to work.

Then another update came for the camera app (around the beginning of December) which broke the back camera completely.
I continuously get the same error 0xA00F4271 (0xC00D3704) over and over again.

Is there any solution besides coughing up 20$ on aliexpress for a new camera module?

So far - I've used the recovery tool, got back to 8.1 -> lumia camera does not work, flashlight does not work, no apps associated with the camera subsystem do work.
Even today I did the same - nothing happens.

I cannot find a way to edit the low level drivers to try and replace them with ones that work...

Any ideas or workarounds?:crying:

Thank you in advance

Felix MY

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I encountered the same exact problem on my Lumia 830 two weeks ago. Upon searching the web for solutions, I realize other users had the same issues as far back as July 2016. Six months on and still no fix!?

I have been a Windows Phone user since the beginning despite the many restrictions and drawbacks of WP over Android and iOS, but this may the last straw...

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
It depends on the phone I think, because I have my 735 on W10M since early 2015 and I had no problems with the camera like the ones you described. If going back to 8.1 didn't help, it must be a hardware problem and replacing the camera unit might be the solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss