Lumia 950 Dual sim on AT&T...No more 2nd sim?

johndh19

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to get the 2nd sim on the Lumia 950 dual sim to connect permanently to 3G or higher? AT&T has turned off 2G so now the 2nd sim is useless. Please help if you have a solution.

Thanks!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anything can be done save for hoping Microsoft changes its behavior or getting a different device.

blackwarrant

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to get the 2nd sim on the Lumia 950 dual sim to connect permanently to 3G or higher? AT&T has turned off 2G so now the 2nd sim is useless. Please help if you have a solution.

Thanks!!

AT&T has turned off 2G?? I have att as sim1 and tmobile as sim2 on my Lumia 950 dual sim and had set my cellular connection to use data from tmobile. Since Jan 6th my att sim wasn't connecting to the network. I tired changing my cellular data to use at&t. That's when it started connecting to the art cellular network. But if I go back and change my cellular data to use tmo, my tmo network works but att sim says 'no network'!! Tried restarting multiple times. Nothing. Tried putting both my sim on an android dual sim phone, same behavior on that device too! That tells me that the issue is not with my Lumia. Any ideas on why my att sim says "no service" if I set my cellular data to use tmo?.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
At the time of release yes, but they released a firmware update that allows for 3G. Can't remember if software or firmware but yes, this has changed.

100% correct

also i own one now so i know from experience :)

i rekon MS should(could?) do a firmware upgrade for the 950/XL to support 3G on the 2nd slot. id go back to it in a heartbeat if they did

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
At the time of release yes, but they released a firmware update that allows for 3G. Can't remember if software or firmware but yes, this has changed.
That's amazing, I thought it was a hardware limitation. Pretty bad that their website doesn't reflect this update yet!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
100% correct

also i own one now so i know from experience :)

i rekon MS should(could?) do a firmware upgrade for the 950/XL to support 3G on the 2nd slot. id go back to it in a heartbeat if they did
Thank you for confirming!

That's amazing, I thought it was a hardware limitation. Pretty bad that their website doesn't reflect this update yet!
I'm guessing they might have not done that because they don't want to mislead anyone buying one right now since it might not work that way out of the box. I agree though, major props to HP for this.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Please all of you feedback to Microsoft to offer us newer firmware to allow for 3g for the second sim.

well, i did after all. lets see if they do anything. actually, i wonder if they phone is even capable of doing 3g on the 2nd sim?

i really hope so!!

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just finish setting up my X3 and I can personally confirm that 3g works on the second SIM. I am loving this fun. It needs glance though and I wish I knew that it required either 2nd sim or microsd.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I just finish setting up my X3 and I can personally confirm that 3g works on the second SIM. I am loving this fun. It needs glance though and I wish I knew that it required either 2nd sim or microsd.

agreed with all of the above. i really want to go back to my 950xl though.........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett