Unlocked Idol 4s

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I understand completely. My last 3 phones have not had Qi after I've come to depend on it. C'est la vie.
I've had it in the past too. Liked it but found i didn't use it much.
As far as NFC goes I have never used it so no big deal. If the rest of the phone lives up to its reputation ilk be a happy camper! 😉

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my bank is Ally and they are not on the list for Tap to Pay with Wallet so I don't need the NFC right now either...

I am super pleased with how fast this phone charges though so Qi is a bit less missed. My fave use case for it was having the phone on a Qi stand at bedside so I always had Glance to look at whenever I awoke. No Glance either. Meh, life moves on.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, my bank is Ally and they are not on the list for Tap to Pay with Wallet so I don't need the NFC right now either...

I am super pleased with how fast this phone charges though so Qi is a bit less missed. My fave use case for it was having the phone on a Qi stand at bedside so I always had Glance to look at whenever I awoke. No Glance either. Meh, life moves on.

Ally banker here also. Haven't found a big use for NFC myself.
Quick charge is all I need for occasional time I may need to top off.
Mainly looking for something to get me through the next year until the real fun begins. Want the fingerprint scanner for unlocking as I have it on my Nexus (which will get sold). Love Windows 10 as it fits my needs perfectly.

Sent from mTalk

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Wireless is awesome for when I can't sleep and want to mess around with my phone and then put it down to charge without having to fumble around in the dark trying to plug a cord in. It's also great for work as I can just set it down and know it's charging, etc. And, of course, I invested some money in that process and would like to keep using it. Frustrating that it doesn't have it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks. They all have the same body which is smart on their part and makes it easier to find accessories.
There's a J&D on Amazon which I have used on another phone. Guess I'll go with that.

Sent from mTalk
Be careful when choosing cases that you don't get one without the cutout for the fingerprint scanner (the Android version doesn't have one). I don't ever use it so it doesn't bother me but I'm just passing the info along.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's available in Microsoft store in canada for $619.
I might just keep my Lumia 950 as it costs a Lot more than what I paid for 950. Plus the camera is better on Lumia

Sent from mTalk

Where????? I have been all over the Canadian Site and at last check still no listing. Did you see one in person?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's available in Microsoft store in canada for $619.
I might just keep my Lumia 950 as it costs a Lot more than what I paid for 950. Plus the camera is better on Lumia

Sent from mTalk

Just as a follow up, I went back on line to Microsoft Store Canada and opened a chat.......no info at this time. However I was asked if I wanted an email update as info becomes available..........this is killing me..........

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
True enough... Let's put all 3 together with our boy in the center: alcatel Idol 4s vs. alcatel Idol 4s Windows vs. BlackBerry DTEK60 - GSMArena.com

Of course the Dtek 60 is a couple more $ and has no VR Gear.

The only thing I wish it had, and this is not a deal breaker, is FM Radio. However as long as I keep a back up charged ( 640 XL), in the event of a power down emergency I am good to go.
I do think the Governments should step in and force FM as a standard feature on all phones!!!! Anyone remember the Eastern North America Black out?????? That lasted 3 days in my area.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Be careful when choosing cases that you don't get one without the cutout for the fingerprint scanner (the Android version doesn't have one). I don't ever use it so it doesn't bother me but I'm just passing the info along.
Good point I didn't think of. The one I purchased said it was for both, and comments from people who had bought it for the Windows version said it worked.
I just went to look at the picture if it and it appears the cutout is for both the camera and fingerprint scanner. We'll see for sure when it shows up.

Sent from mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I wish it had, and this is not a deal breaker, is FM Radio. However as long as I keep a back up charged ( 640 XL), in the event of a power down emergency I am good to go.
I do think the Governments should step in and force FM as a standard feature on all phones!!!! Anyone remember the Eastern North America Black out?????? That lasted 3 days in my area.
I have a small am/fm shortwave radio with batteries for those situations.

Sent from mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I still hate to think I stood in line for hours for morning coffee, that we later in the day had to heat up using a BBQ.
Try doing that for weeks like I had to after Andrew, Charley, Frances, Jeanne, Katrina and Wilma. Ugh, I'm so over hurricanes. Everywhere I've lived in Florida they follow me.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Is this phone worth getting? Now available in canada for CAD$619. Currently have the Lumia950. But i like the fingerprint scanner better than the iris scanner. But concerned about the camera and the size. Not a big fan of big phones and the camera on this phone is significantly poorer than the Lumia 950 from what I've read so far.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786