How's The Fast Ring Running On The Idol?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
How's the fast ring running on the Idol? There's a new build out finally just curious how the idol is doing on the fast ring. How's the battery life and stability working out for u guys? Is it better than the anniversary update in anyways yet?

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I have the 950*XL.
But in general I would not personally recommend fast or slow ring.

Battery life has always been bad for me but how after just 10 minutes of wifi on and edge, the phone is very hot and battery drain 30-57% per hour.
Crashes in apps.
Main apps have to be installed again.
Freezes for few seconds.

Best to wait at least till March, as*at that stage they will really try to fix v everything for release in April.

But if you really like new features and don't mind some problems, slow ring has better builds generally.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing about getting on the Fast Ring is that it can be very changable. Good one build, bad the next according to some users.

Change is the only constant there, from what I gather. Fixes break other things often as not. They may not see a build for weeks, but then they see two or more in one week.

I wouldn't subject a daily driver to it.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have the fast ring on one of my Cricket Lumia 650's and works great. This windows central app is one of the few bothersome bugs. This app on some of the threads, parts of the post don't show up. I can't quote a reply from any post either and that is on any of my three devices, production or fast ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon