Alcatel idol 4S at the Microsoft store

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah,*it's a shame it doesn't have it for those that want it. Maybe IF there's a second version. Fortunately I have no need or use for NFC (I've never used it) and, unless they develop some compelling use for it*that doesn't currently exist, it's not likely I ever will.

Agreed. It's just as easy to pull my wallet out of my pocket as it is my phone.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. It's just as easy to pull my wallet out of my pocket as it is my phone.

Even if it did have NFC, I couldn't have used it anyway since my bank wasn't onboard. Tap to share is so slow I'd rather use Bluetooth anyhow.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it caught on like it was envisioned, or every bank would work.

For me to even consider using it, it would have to be universal. Every bank and every retailer on board. Otherwise, it's really just a gimmick. And I agree with fatclue_98 about it being slow for sharing. I really haven't found any use for it. But, as I've said, if there's a version two of the phone I hope they include it*to get more sales. It's a shame that a phone this nice isn't getting a lot of attention.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
will this come to the Houston store? been debating on trading in one of my phone to get this or just buy out right for it

I'd suggest going to the Houston store, engaging with a manager and letting them know just how interested W10M fans are in this phone. If nothing else, they should at least get one in for you.

That is if they aren't already carrying it or planning to.

Unless someone from the Houston store enters this thread and replies... How would we know?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'd suggest going to the Houston store, engaging with a manager and letting them know just how interested W10M fans are in this phone. If nothing else, they should at least get one in for you.

That is if they aren't already carrying it or planning to.

Unless someone from the Houston store enters this thread and replies... How would we know?
Exactly what I did.
Heard it was now available unlocked. Called the Buffalo store. They had no clue. Ordered it online.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Called the Buffalo store.

Howdy Buffalo. I used to live there. Orchard Park from 1977 to 1980. Hamburg 1980 to 1987 with a couple years away at college. Lived in Allentown on Main St near Allen, just about 3 blocks south of the Anchor Bar till 1989 when I moved to NYC.

Great place, Buffalo. Very nice people.

Have a half and half at Steve's Pig and Ox for me... Then another time hoist a Ted's Red Hot in my honor.

:cool:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Howdy Buffalo. I used to live there. Orchard Park from 1977 to 1980. Hamburg 1980 to 1987 with a couple years away at college. Lived in Allentown on Main St near Allen, just about 3 blocks south of the Anchor Bar till 1989 when I moved to NYC.

Great place, Buffalo. Very nice people.

Have a half and half at Steve's Pig and Ox for me... Then another time hoist a Ted's Red Hot in my honor.

:cool:

Wow. You not only lived here but obviously enjoyed yourself while here too!
They have done a lot of updating recently. Most of the action is now down at the harbor with restaurants, bars, outdoor activities. Definitely trying to make a resurgence though many of the old standbys (Anchor bar, etc.) are still around. I'll definitely have a beef on weck and brew for you!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You not only lived here but obviously enjoyed yourself while here too!
They have done a lot of updating recently. Most of the action is now down at the harbor with restaurants, bars, outdoor activities. Definitely trying to make a resurgence though many of the old standbys (Anchor bar, etc.) are still around. I'll definitely have a beef on weck and brew for you!

I had an unbelievable breakfast at the Lake Effect Cafe a couple of years ago.

Sent from my Banana Yellow Lumia 1520 via mTalk

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Not that it matters but I thought Alcatel just sold TCL phones, with some minor reprograming.. Lots of good Chinese Brand phones today that you never hear of outside China/Asia...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you're back to using your 1520?
I needed BBM so I went with the 1520. Started from 8.1, installed BBM then updated to 10 so I could keep it. Not that this is a slouch but I miss the Idol's speed and double tap to sleep. Life with Windows means creative workarounds.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I needed BBM so I went with the 1520. Started from 8.1, installed BBM then updated to 10 so I could keep it. Not that this is a slouch but I miss the Idol's speed and double tap to sleep. Life with Windows means creative workarounds.

This is true. Matters how much you want to deal with. Part of the reason I caved to get Spotify is because I use this platform, so I get you on this. Otherwise, I would stick with the "free" music alternatives on the other two.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

You still have a lot of BBM contacts? Business or personal?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you're back to using your 1520?
Dude, you're killing me with the Bug-Eye Sprite. I'm being flooded with nasty memories of oil leaks, Bosch electrics and synchronizing twin sidedraft Strombergs. Or do you have the equally horrible twin SU setup?

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Dude, you're killing me with the Bug-Eye Sprite. I'm being flooded with nasty memories of oil leaks, Bosch electrics and synchronizing twin sidedraft Strombergs. Or do you have the equally horrible twin SU setup?
I don't have one, but I desperately want one! Don't they have conversion kits*to change the dual carbs to a single four barrel? I wish you still had it. I'd come take a trip east and buy it from you. I like unique looking cars and I love British sports cars.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have one, but I desperately want one! Don't they have conversion kits*to change the dual carbs to a single four barrel? I wish you still had it. I'd come take a trip east and buy it from you. I like unique looking cars and I love British sports cars.

They used to make kits for downdraft Webers but I don't remember if they were 2bbl or 4. I was all into SCCA racing back in the late 80s and early 90s with Sprites and Triumphs. In other words, before I got married and the wife (1st one) put the kibosh on my hobbies. Well, she freaked when the steering coupler on a road racer Spitfire broke at the old Miami-Hollywood speedway and I'm headed straight for a light standard at 75 mph with ZERO control.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
They used to make kits for downdraft Webers but I don't remember if they were 2bbl or 4. I was all into SCCA racing back in the late 80s and early 90s with Sprites and Triumphs. In other words, before I got married and the wife (1st one) put the kibosh on my hobbies. Well, she freaked when the steering coupler on a road racer Spitfire broke at the old Miami-Hollywood speedway and I'm headed straight for a light standard at 75 mph with ZERO control.
Wow, that's so cool (except for the almost dying part)! I'll bet that was a lot of fun! I really like Bug-eyes and Triumph TR4's. Someday. They're on my wish list, in that order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12