Alcatel idol 4S at the Microsoft store

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's so cool (except for the almost dying part)! I'll bet that was a lot of fun! I really like Bug-eyes and Triumph TR4's. Someday. They're on my wish list, in that order.
It was fun but it was expensive. A new set of slicks was $500 in 1990 money. That was good for about 3 or 4 races then it was either pony up for a new set or run at the back of the pack. That was NOT fun.

Sent from my Banana Yellow Lumia 1520 via mTalk

psyclopps

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been eyeballing this phone for a little while but am nervous about going without NFC. I use it almost daily for payments. Yes I know, I can carry my wallet and cards but NFC on my LG V20 is so quick that I hate using the chips on my cards. I am sure it is a minor gripe but enough to make me pause and thing... decisions decisions.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been eyeballing this phone for a little while but am nervous about going without NFC. I use it almost daily for payments. Yes I know, I can carry my wallet and cards but NFC on my LG V20 is so quick that I hate using the chips on my cards. I am sure it is a minor gripe but enough to make me pause and thing... decisions decisions.
Since I don't (and won't) use NFC, it's not an issue for me. But, if you think you can live without it, you won't regret getting this phone. With a few tweaks Alcatel could have had a world class flagship with this phone. As it is, it's a fantastic phone.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you were able to buy things before NFC, right? It's a convenience, perhaps, but not a real need. You have to weigh it though against the other things this phone can bring you. Only you can decide. Good luck!

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. It's just as easy to pull my wallet out of my pocket as it is my phone.
True, but my wallet can't print files from my phone by touching the printer or tell my washer what cycle to use, etc.. Okay, I haven't done the latter since there isn't a WM app plus I wouldn't know when to customize a cycle, but NFC is used for more than paying for things.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
True, but my wallet can't print files from my phone by touching the printer or tell my washer what cycle to use, etc.. Okay, I haven't done the latter since there isn't a WM app plus I wouldn't know when to customize a cycle, but NFC is used for more than paying for things.
It is, but I haven't found it to work well for those things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett