Edit RAW files in Windows 10 Mobile

ViveLeRoi

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Rather than purchase a 950XL because of the lack of dedicated camera button, I've recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 1520 to replace my aging Lumia 1020. After upgrading to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile I am having a difficult time finding one of the core features of the Lumia camera app that I use and that is editing the RAW image (21MP file in this case) to adjust the composition of the photograph. Unfortunately, the Lumia Camera App is not a choice to do this in Windows 10 Phone. If I attempt to use the Lumia Creative Studio it creates a smaller copy of the file that doesn't retain the fidelity of the original 21MP RAW file.

Is there something that I am missing here or is this simple, yet useful functionality missing?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Rather than purchase a 950XL because of the lack of dedicated camera button, I've recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 1520 to replace my aging Lumia 1020. After upgrading to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile I am having a difficult time finding one of the core features of the Lumia camera app that I use and that is editing the RAW image (21MP file in this case) to adjust the composition of the photograph. Unfortunately, the Lumia Camera App is not a choice to do this in Windows 10 Phone. If I attempt to use the Lumia Creative Studio it creates a smaller copy of the file that doesn't retain the fidelity of the original 21MP RAW file.

Is there something that I am missing here or is this simple, yet useful functionality missing?

I use an app called Rawer to open dng files, but I think the premium version allows editing them as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3