Windows Maps!

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows maps not working on my device. Even offline maps doesnt work. Deleted and reinstalled offline maps still not working. Did a soft reset still nothing. Location turned on and even with good internet connectivity or LTE it would crash the device if i attempt to use maps. Everything else works except for maps. Want to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Update: I installed gmaps and there seems to be no issues at all. Works and no problems or crashes. I did not do resort to WDRT. If anyone has the same or similiar problem as me on windows maps please do tell. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine says "No GPS Signal". I am indoors however, but normally I would get GPS in this particular location. The app itself is launching normally. Will check GPS when I go outside in a bit, hope it's not broken, I need it later.

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine says "No GPS Signal". I am indoors however, but normally I would get GPS in this particular location. The app itself is launching normally. Will check GPS when I go outside in a bit, hope it's not broken, I need it later.

Thanks for replying. Just tried on my Surface pro 4, same thing happened. I too need this to work. I use it everyday. Probably another bug if it keeps acting up like this.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
tried a
Windows maps not working on my device. Even offline maps doesnt work. Deleted and reinstalled offline maps still not working. Did a soft reset still nothing. Location turned on and even with good internet connectivity or LTE it would crash the device if i attempt to use maps. Everything else works except for maps. Want to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

my test showed: the Map Screen; my Location (accurately), when I programmed a destination: it putted it up OK; showed a linear route on the map, when I hit GO: Cortana took a couple of minutes, but said "Okay, let get started". BUT... bottom of screen says "NO GPS signal", I too am inside but that usually is not an issue for the Map App? I did try to find the GPS Calibration setting for GPS yesterday... but, could not find "any" setting associated to GPS?

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
tried a

my test showed: the Map Screen; my Location (accurately), when I programmed a destination: it putted it up OK; showed a linear route on the map, when I hit GO: Cortana took a couple of minutes, but said "Okay, let get started". BUT... bottom of screen says "NO GPS signal", I too am inside but that usually is not an issue for the Map App? I did try to find the GPS Calibration setting for GPS yesterday... but, could not find "any" setting associated to GPS?

I too can't find settings for GPS. I only noticed this today when i started work again. Mine doesn't show "no gps signal" instead it goes into a black screen then to start screen but after that the phone crashes and makes everything unusable. Soft reset fixes it and the phone goes back to normal. I tried on my SP4 and maps didnt work as well. I did ask someone yesterday and he said his works fine. Oh and thank you for replying.

Sent from mTalk

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Seems you may have discovered a rather more serious issue before anyone else. I need to use maps shortly, but I think I can just remember the way without the maps app if it comes to it.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I like gmaps more than Bing maps.

[Edit]: But Bing Maps UI isn't good as Google Maps..

Last edited:

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Seems you may have discovered a rather more serious issue before anyone else. I need to use maps shortly, but I think I can just remember the way without the maps app if it comes to it.

Have you tried using it again? Hopefully yours works because i asked someone from the US if his works and he said yes.

Sent from mTalk

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
wow both your surface pro 4 and x3 have the same issue? Weird!

Surface Pro 3 and 950xl launched no problem. Try the installing the new Insider Release preview? If you're ok with doing that.

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
wow both your surface pro 4 and x3 have the same issue? Weird!

Surface Pro 3 and 950xl launched no problem. Try the installing the new Insider Release preview? If you're ok with doing that.

Yeah i find it odd too. And its just the windows maps application. Everything else works fine and well. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my account since i signed in with the same one on both devices but also nothing wrong there. I installed gmaps and it works flawlessly. I dont even have to re download the offline maps as gmaps can use the same one i downloaded for windows maps. More comfortable with production build. That just works for me.

Sent from mTalk

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Production build was way worse for me than the insider builds.

Its like the bugs varies from region to region or devices maybe. But so far production build has been kind to me on my unit with the exception of the windows maps app. That and it also doesnt work on my SP4.

Sent from mTalk

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had massive issues with the production builds in the areas of photos and then sharing said photos (the one thing I rely on pretty much every day). Outlook would often just crash back to the desktop when attaching photos, or the photos would attach and send, but the recipient would then receive the email but with no attachments. It was a complete mess, and couldn't be relied upon at all. I ended up using an old L925 running 8.1 for this task for a while. On the more recent fast ring builds, this issue has gone away, though the very latest build does have some bugs in this area.

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I had massive issues with the production builds in the areas of photos and then sharing said photos (the one thing I rely on pretty much every day). Outlook would often just crash back to the desktop when attaching photos, or the photos would attach and send, but the recipient would then receive the email but with no attachments. It was a complete mess, and couldn't be relied upon at all. I ended up using an old L925 running 8.1 for this task for a while. On the more recent fast ring builds, this issue has gone away, though the very latest build does have some bugs in this area.

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried using your windows maps yet?

Sent from mTalk

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried using your windows maps yet?

Sent from mTalk

I actually remembered the way to where I was going yesterday, just as well really as the last time I relied on the Maps, it took me down a road that quickly turned into an unmade road with no lighting and not enough room to turn around.

I will try and remember to turn it on for my journey to work tomorrow and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte