Lumia 650 Buggy & Laggy(About to sell) Need Help!

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
This is for a help from all the users of Lumia 650.
Have just purchased this device and have been using it for around four months now. I have used Lumia 720 earlier on Wp8.1, which was a lot more snappier & lag free. Despite the long loading & resuming times, I was happy with the overall performance.

Coming to the Lumia 650, its so laggy, sloggy, creepy. Resuming, loading, apps crashing, battery draining and what not? Now I am feeling like I should sell this away and get myself a Lumia 830 or Lumia 1020 or 930(Icon) have also considered Lumia 925. But I am getting very low price while selling the 650.
Completely confused, don't know what to do?, can any one help me in taking the decision. Because, I don't want to regret later after buying the above mentioned used devices by selling my new 650.
Can these devices - 830, 1020, 925, 930 save me. Or I have to live with 650. Or can 650 get better with time & tweaks?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
All of the devices you want to buy, aside from the 930, will be slower on Windows 10 Mobile. They will be even slower than the 650 is.

I'm guessing that most of your app crashes are from 8.1 apps, because that is something that is more likely to happen with those apps.

Question: When you set it up, did you restore from a backup? If so, that has a hand in it. Sometimes restoring backups messes up things, especially when it comes to Windows 10 Mobile.

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
All of the devices you want to buy, aside from the 930, will be slower on Windows 10 Mobile. They will be even slower than the 650 is.

I'm guessing that most of your app crashes are from 8.1 apps, because that is something that is more likely to happen with those apps.

Question: When you set it up, did you restore from a backup? If so, that has a hand in it. Sometimes restoring backups messes up things, especially when it comes to Windows 10 Mobile.
I don't really remember that I had restored from a back up or not, because I had 720 1.5 years ago and now I don't remember whether the device asked me for a back up, it amy have, because I had set up with the same account that I used on 720.
What I am concerned about is , does your device(if 650) behaves the same way like my does, or I am the only one suffering.
Thanks for the hint of backup, gonna try a full reset for sure. What do you think should I do? A hard or soft reset?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't really remember that I had restored from a back up or not, because I had 720 1.5 years ago and now I don't remember whether the device asked me for a back up, it amy have, because I had set up with the same account that I used on 720.
What I am concerned about is , does your device(if 650) behaves the same way like my does, or I am the only one suffering.
Thanks for the hint of backup, gonna try a full reset for sure. What do you think should I do? A hard or soft reset?

Yeah, Windows 10 Mobile is just different from 8.1. Do a hard reset.

There's also a trick that you can try here after doing the hard reset and installing all of your apps: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640/449991-lumia-640-faster.html

Abhijeet Tambare

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
For me battery drain is an issue on my 650. Battery reduces by around 15% in 6 hours at night when it's idle. That wasn't the case with my 640.
None of the W10 phones will be lag free. 8.1 was pretty much lag free. I'm okay with the amount of lags. However if you are coming from 8.1, it surely has more glitches which is irritating.
As far as app crashes are concerned, the only apps that crash on my phone are the FIFA mobile and Windows Central app.
If you feel your phone is lagging a lot you can always perform a soft reset.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
For me battery drain is an issue on my 650. Battery reduces by around 15% in 6 hours at night when it's idle.

Well, that surely isn't normal. My 650 takes 2% in 6 hours overnight, but that's on the Slow ring (build 14965) which somehow is much better with battery life.. nevertheless even on the Production ring, I averaged ~1% per hour while idle.
Did you try to look in the Battery settings which app/service is draining you battery the most?

Abhijeet Tambare

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I had mentioned about this in another post but everyone said that 10-15% in 6 hours is normal.
Battery saver doesn't tell anything specific. Before I slept I checked battery settings to see which app has consumed how much. After waking up it showed the similar thing but the battery had reduced by 10%.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I had mentioned about this in another post but everyone said that 10-15% in 6 hours is normal.
Battery saver doesn't tell anything specific. Before I slept I checked battery settings to see which app has consumed how much. After waking up it showed the similar thing but the battery had reduced by 10%.

Check if automatic downloads and automatic app updates are on. That can reduce battery considerably during quiet hours.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not for me, that's too much. 2% was the same for me too.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
WiFi issues.. Make sure its set to manual (as oppose to auto turn back on after X hours)... especially at night unless you want auto-updates.

...!!

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Had a hard reset done last night, and while setting up didn't restore the backup, now I can see the difference. Today morning I left my place at 9:30 am on 82% and right now it's 48%. 4g was on all the time, had some calls here and there, checked Whatsapp & facebook at intervals that's it. Do you see the difference?

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Not for me, that's too much. 2% was the same for me too.

Now I can see the difference after a hard reset done without restoring backup, left my place today morning at 9:30 am on 82%, and now I am on 48%, after using calls here and there, checking Whatsapp & Facebook at intervals, and 4g was on the whole day.
Do you see the difference, or is there any thing to be looked upon?
Cause this is the reason I left android 3 years back, always conscious about battery percentage. Then left due to lag issues. Was quite happy with my 720, wouldn't have switched to android if the screen wouldn't had broken. But then switched to android to give it a try once again, but you know, whichever android device you buy, you will have to face the lag issues in the long run. So again switched to Windows, but now this problems have pissed me off. That was not the case with my 720. I used to feel free using it.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Now I can see the difference after a hard reset done without restoring backup, left my place today morning at 9:30 am on 82%, and now I am on 48%, after using calls here and there, checking Whatsapp & Facebook at intervals, and 4g was on the whole day.
Do you see the difference, or is there any thing to be looked upon?

We can't really compare each others battery performance by daily usage because everyone is using their phone differently at day.. however, at night while phone is idle, it should have more or less the same conditions.. therefore try to test how much will your battery decrease at night and let us know about your findings, ideally don't forget to mention which services were on (cellular data, wifi, glance, etc etc..)

So for example, I tested my 650 this night and with cellular and wifi off, glance set to always on, battery saver off, I started with 45% and after 6.5h it decreased to 40%, which translates to 0.76%/h, which I think is quite good considering the glance was always on.. This was with the Slow ring build 14965.

Now while writing this post I'm thinking about starting a new thread where users could post their results for different phone models, hmm...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Been running my 650 for a couple of weeks and overall pretty happy with it. First thing we did after in initial setup was apply latest production build then hard reset. Did try and restore from backup (my 1st 650s backup before this one) but it failed so ended up starting from scratch which was probably a good thing.

No speed demon for sure with some inconsistencies at times. Like opening emails, most times (content dependent) it'll open them as I'd expect but then occasionally it will take an extremely long time, just comes out of the blue. Loading/resuming is there for sure yet it is the least of my worries, so far.

Battery is acceptable for my use with it being similar to what we've seen on our 830. Beautiful display, screen flash/flicker is not... After installing .693 that issue appeared minimized for a couple of days but now we're not so sure. Other than the "known bugs" I haven't encountered anything we haven't already seen on our 830 so that is good.

Abhijeet Tambare

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I haven't encountered any lags after installing the latest 14393.7XX ( Don't remember the number) build which was released on Tuesday.
Last night my battery went from 73% to 68% in 6 hours. So I was pretty happy.
The only thing annoying me now is the camera focus of this phone. It takes ages to focus and sometimes doesn't even focus properly.
P.S. How do this quote option work? Every time I want to reply to a specific reply I select quote and then type whatever I want after the quote. But my answer doesn't get posted.

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
We can't really compare each others battery performance by daily usage because everyone is using their phone differently at day.. however, at night while phone is idle, it should have more or less the same conditions.. therefore try to test how much will your battery decrease at night and let us know about your findings, ideally don't forget to mention which services were on (cellular data, wifi, glance, etc etc..)

So for example, I tested my 650 this night and with cellular and wifi off, glance set to always on, battery saver off, I started with 45% and after 6.5h it decreased to 40%, which translates to 0.76%/h, which I think is quite good considering the glance was always on.. This was with the Slow ring build 14965.

Now while writing this post I'm thinking about starting a new thread where users could post their results for different phone models, hmm...
Last night I tested my battery by keeping it unplugged. Wifi was on, with glance on it dropped from 35 to 22 in 8 hrs which is 1.6%/hr, is that good? Will check tonight with everything off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss