Whats up with these bad Nokia 925 phones?

RFir6

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I had this phone for 2 years.

I actually really liked this and it was my first Windows Phone.

After 1 year, a few times id be using the phone and the phone would just show a white static image on the screen. I was like what the... why is this.

I found out a way to fix this by doing a soft reset...power button and volume down...

this happened a few times.

Then few weeks ago. I charged the phone fully. Then in the morning i used the phone, then placed it down. After about 1 hour I went back to the phone and it was a black screen with just the white NOKIA logo shown on screen.
I did soft reset and it did not work. I kept trying, then i saw an exclamation mark on the screen.

I then went outside and after a while i tried the soft reset and it actually worked. the phone home screen came up but i couldnt swipe up to enter my passcode. so i did soft reset again. then it just stopped working. Now I just get Black screen.

I took the phone to local EE shop, the guy at the counter said it was most likely the battery.

I took it to someone to get battery changed. It them two weeks to get back to me and then they said it wasnt the battery. it was the motherboard.

I took it to another shop and they said it was definitely software issue. After another 1.5 weeks i had to ring up to find out that he couldnt fix it. They said its a hardware issue.

So im assuming these guys dont knwo what they doing then. As they say its def this or that then cant fix it.

Is there an actual fix for this?

Can I buy a new motherboard and use that, is it worth it?

Why do these phone have this issue Ive had Android phones for over 4 years and they still work fine. Windows phone not that reliable then?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I loved my 925. Had several of them but the battery was less than steller on that model. It got hot quite a bit when charging but was a good phone with a kicka$$ camera for the time...and still would be a good camera today.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
but ive had the phone at two mobile phone repair shops. would they not have charged the phone using their chargers
They may have, but they don't sound like they are sure from your first post.
If it were me, my first course of action would be to clean out the micro USB port (I have repaired non-charging phones before by doing this) and then try a slightly higher rated charger for a couple of hours.
Failing that, I would look to purchase a replacement battery (between £12 and £20 on ebay at first glance).
If I still couldn't get it to charge, a replacement phone would be my next option (I wouldn't look to replace the motherboard).
Then sell off the Lumia 925 as faulty and the replacement battery as used but working.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
then whats a good windows phone to buy
Depends on your needs and budget.
The Lumia 950 and XL are the top end phones, along with the HP Elite X3, although they are pricey.
Then you have the Lumia 640 and Lumia 650 which run Windows 10 mobile well, even for a lower spec phone.

johnskrilla01

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Tell me about it. The earphone jack on my Lumia 925 broke after a month and within a year it had a black screen. Oh and did I mention the battery drain while it's charging? Smh

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Tell me about it. The earphone jack on my Lumia 925 broke after a month and within a year it had a black screen. Oh and did I mention the battery drain while it's charging? Smh

Mine's over three years old and still works as it originally did. You may have just gotten a lemon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett