Ever so slightly terrified of changing 1520's battery but...

Angel Lovelorn

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I USED to put PC systems together and aside from a few cuts, I never had any problems. The only difference is that I have stupidly long nails now. I've watched the YT video several times.
I suppose I'm looking for someone who has done it to say 'of course you can do it' and possibly tell me what to look out for when buying a battery online. I know that the voltage matters as does making sure it's not for a 1320, but some Amazon seller's are listing one battery for both???
Do I need lots of special openers or will credit cards or guitar picks suffice? Also, what kind of screwdriver do I need please? Many MANY thanks...
Angel ... London, UK

ThePaladinTech

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
of course you can do it! <-- there ya go :)

And here's a little more info- The battery I got, well it SAYS it's the right one, it fit it works, but only charges to 80% so it's a fake :( - wished there was a way or a place to know you are getting the right battery.

Other thoughts:

not sure which video I watched but it mentioned a TINY screw under a label between the SD and the Simm. My eye's arn't so good and I tried VERY hard to remove that screw ... metal shavings came out. I was bummed, I thought I had totally stripped the screw. So in desperation I tried popping the phone apart without removing the screw. Well, my 1520.3 didn't have a screw there at all! And by how hard it was to get apart I think they decided the screw was not needed.

I purchased this kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3639143 very pleased with it.

After the screw removal story above, the next scariest thing was the battery is held in by double sided tape, and I was concerned I'd break the screen. I wound up using an old simm credit card (more flexible than a credit card), and used a blow dryer to heat up the battery to loosen the glue... shoving the credit card in slowly, Came apart no problem... just don't rush it!

Re-assembling - I forgot to put the big black sticker back on, but after snapping the phone back together, it seems to work fine with no rattles.

Oh and I didn't replace the double sided tape either.

Not sure what size screw driver I needed but the kit i mentioned has everything you'll need.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I wish we knew who or where to order a real battery from that will function correctly. Now that I have a new XL I can try to perform surgery on my 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett