Continuum flickering

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Greetings!

I have an issue with my Lumia 950 Dual Sim. I have bought a third-party adapter usb type c - HDMI and when I connected it to my external monitor - screen does not work at all or periodically showed the start screen for a while, but then it switched off and shows a message "no signal". I have the latest anniversary build 14393.693. Continuum app still detect my monitor. What can cause such an issue?

Thanks in advance!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

I have an issue with my Lumia 950 Dual Sim. I have bought a third-party adapter usb type c - HDMI and when I connected it to my external monitor - screen does not work at all or periodically showed the start screen for a while, but then it switched off and shows a message "no signal". I have the latest anniversary build 14393.693. Continuum app still detect my monitor. What can cause such an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting, I wonder if it's because the phone doesn't have the power by itself to drive the signal. I don't have your cable, I use the display dock to connect to things and the display dock has it's own external power.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Greetings!

Thanks in advance!
I had a similar issue... while it "looked" clean, my USB-C port on my 950 needed a cleaning (lint)
I grabbed a needle, and just went around a few times. Afterwards, I notice all of my cables clipped in better, and connections were more stable.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I wonder if it's because the phone doesn't have the power by itself to drive the signal. I don't have your cable, I use the display dock to connect to things and the display dock has it's own external power.

Actually, it does. Montior has it own power and continuum works more stable if I put my phone into flight mode. If I swith on WiFi - display sometimes crushes. Moreover it works both with external monitor and usb dongle to my wireless keyboard & mouse. Here is my adpater:
cable.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos