Best practice of setting up a brand new x3??? looking for ideas or help.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. Getting another x3 but I don't recall how I set up my first one. I had issues with SD card and finally got it fixed by doing WDRT and installing everything without SD card in and only putting the card in after complete setup.

With a new one, should I skip Microsoft login, update phone to newest build and firmware, reset then setup from scratch?

I seem to remember that doing that with the 950xl worked very well.

Any ideas or input for the smoothest experience would be great.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
That's what I always do when setting up a new device so that your starting with a fresh device at the latest version.

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Yup you got it.

What I did and read is: fresh login, skip the setup, use WDRT to update to latest build, then log back in and everything.

If you're using an SD card, make sure you set up prior to popping it in that new apps will install directly to the phone, not the SD.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The best way to approach this is like installing Windows on a desktop. Don't restore from backup, apply all software updates and then download your apps and update those. At least, this is what I do for my 950XL these days anyway.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah since the HP Elite x3 has enough storage, do not allow the apps to install on the micro SD card.
Just keeps files (Music, Videos, Documents, Pictures) in the SD card.

All app in the phone storage for best performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs