C iPlayer stopped working

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a L950 with the Preview build.

The BBC iPlayer app has stopped working - I can open it and select a programme, but only get a black screen where it should show a screenshot and a 'play' icon. The rest of the app interface appears to work ok.

I have a TV license (for what that's worth) and I have signed-in to the app ok, but nothing works on cellular or wifi.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can you suggest a solution?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I believe that the BBC iPlayer app is scheduled to stop working on Windows phones.
The only way to watch iPlayer is via the Edge browser on your phone.
I can confirm that I have the same issue as you on my Lumia 930 (Windows 10 mobile 14393.726).
However iPlayer does work if I view it from the Edge browser.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I believe that the BBC iPlayer app is scheduled to stop working on Windows phones.
I can confirm that I have the same issue as you on my Lumia 930 (Windows 10 mobile 14393.726).

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for replying - at least its not my phone!

However, I thought that it was only the WP8.1 version of the app that was being broken, not the W10M version, but I guess the press release was typically unclear about that. I'll have to get an ipodphone, rant, android, rant, apps, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss