E*Trade's Mobile App

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to post this, but I got a courtesy call from E*Trade today informing me that they are discontinuing support of their Windows Mobile App on May 1st. They did, however, indicate that they would be continuing support for their Android and iPhone applications, at which point I called it nonsense and feared that I was being pranked.

This is like death by 1000 paper cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
More worryingly, apps seems to be leaving more and more now. MyEE apps is being discontinued sometime in March. Sad to say, I don't think my next phone will be a windows mobile anymore. gutted

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
More worryingly, apps seems to be leaving more and more now. MyEE apps is being discontinued sometime in March. Sad to say, I don't think my next phone will be a windows mobile anymore. gutted

Don't blame you. I jumped ship but still keep an eye here for any sign of communication from MS, or any sign of something promising. Would still like to go back to Windows Mobile but not in its current state.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame you. I jumped ship but still keep an eye here for any sign of communication from MS, or any sign of something promising. Would still like to go back to Windows Mobile but not in its current state.

Jumping Ship?

Support what you believe in, or risk losing it and being part of the problem.

Geez. Some people are SO helpless. The ignorance of following crowds.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Jumping Ship?

I've been a hard-core windows user since 3.11 going through right up to using windows IOT and that fancy microsoft split band. I believe in windows mobile for the fact that you can code in one UWP to support many platforms including supporting Android and IOS, yet I fail to understand why there isn't many companies jumping INTO this stuff as surely it would cut down a lot of development time and cost!? baffled.

Yet, I am seeing more and more apps leaving. ebay... gone.... bbc.... gone.... amex.... gone.... etc! I WANT to support windows mobile but at this rate there won't be much apps left and when that happens microsoft will abandon mobile the same way as many devices/OS did in the past.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Jumping Ship?

So its the users who buy the phones with a rapidly disappearing marketplace and market share that are "part of the problem" and not the multi billion dollar profit company that has basically abandoned the OS? Sound logic right there...... /S

Sent from mTalk on my Acer A12

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
So its the users who buy the phones with a rapidly disappearing marketplace and market share that are "part of the problem" and not the multi billion dollar profit company that has basically abandoned the OS? Sound logic right there...... /S

Sent from mTalk on my Acer A12

Thank you. Some folks here are quite delusional.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I fear we are losing GasBuddy. I keep getting a message that the version 3.5 that I have is expiring. Says I should update, there is no update. Sent question to GasBuddy.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
OH NOOOOOOO! Not gas buddy! That will disable texting and phone call capabilities wont it?

FACT: Not a SINGLE app that has returned as UWP or come back as a Win10 from 8.1 app has left, PERIOD. It hasnt happened, dont try to argue otherwise. They are on the brink of making a single OS that has 500MILLION+ users. We will see how long it takes for apps to show up. This constant ******* about apps is tiresome, guys. Just leave and post on Droid or iOS forums, stop lurking. This platform has a worse reputation due to its former consumers than due to lack of functionality. Every OS is buggy and many of you are using ring builds and have the gaul to post, publicly, that its a bad platform. More reason to lock the rings to actual programmers and advanced users only. Get to the sandbox, kids.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Here is the reply from GasBuddy.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Due to lack of use and resources, we are no longer able to support the Windows Phone app. Our product team is currently discussing whether the app should be be removed from Windows Phone altogether or a simplified version be made available in the future.
Thanks for your understanding.
In the meantime, GasBuddy can continue to be accessed from any mobile browser by going to:
http://m.gasbuddy.com
All the best in your search for low-priced fuel.
Regards,
Michael
GasBuddy.com
http://help.gasbuddy.com

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Here is the reply from GasBuddy.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Due to lack of use and resources, we are no longer able to support the Windows Phone app. Our product team is currently discussing whether the app should be be removed from Windows Phone altogether or a simplified version be made available in the future.
Thanks for your understanding.
In the meantime, GasBuddy can continue to be accessed from any mobile browser by going to:
http://m.gasbuddy.com
All the best in your search for low-priced fuel.
Regards,
Michael
GasBuddy.com
http://help.gasbuddy.com

Mobile site seems to look nice.
I don't use it myself but maybe someone who does can tell us how the mobile site works for them?

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I fear we are losing GasBuddy. I keep getting a message that the version 3.5 that I have is expiring. Says I should update, there is no update. Sent question to GasBuddy.

Yeah, I also believe it's going away. That's one app I really like and use quite often. I guess the website will have to suffice if they shut down their app.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

would be interesting to know why gasbuddy doesn't take on xamarin or something like that? Xamarin allows you to use one code for all OS. So, if you had to change the code, you only have to change it once and published it to all devices and thus save a lot of developers time and resources.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I agree. For the sites I access that don't have an app, Edge in desktop mode provides all the functionality and more that I had on Android. I just put a tile on the Start screen and tap it to launch Edge directly into the site. Voilà -- full functionality that I can get to as if it were an app shortcut on the Start screen.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I do the same thing. Since I can "pin" sites as much as I please I just pin the mobile site when I don't have an app. Nearly all the time it works better in fact there are quite a few mobile sites that work better than their IOS "app" equivalents. Given that apps are falling by the wayside in terms of support on IOS as well I have to wonder if this isn't more of "the way forward". I'm not going to downplay the loss of apps, just that for me I've found workarounds. And that way I continue to have features of the OS that I like so much and little problems using it. (for me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon