Is it worth upgrading from 950?

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am contemplating whether to upgrade my 950 running Tmobile to 950XL or Alcatel 4s? 950xl will give me same camera quality and NFC but Alcatel will give me wifi calling and hopefully faster performance.

My 950 has been slow in launching apps, saving photos, etc. What is your suggestion if you own 950 and 950xl? Worth it?

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am contemplating whether to upgrade my 950 running Tmobile to 950XL or Alcatel 4s? 950xl will give me same camera quality and NFC but Alcatel will give me wifi calling and hopefully faster performance.

My 950 has been slow in launching apps, saving photos, etc. What is your suggestion if you own 950 and 950xl? Worth it?

As far as performance, both the Alcatel and elite x3 are way better than the 950 twins, battery life a TON better too, had a 1520 on at&t, upgraded to a L950xl unlocked dual sim and now a elite x3. The only place you'll loose is camera, double tap to wake, glance, but believe me, you get over it pretty easily. I haven't been able to activate hd voice nor wifi calling with the 950xl nor elite because of lame att policies and whatnot. But I think they're doable if you get the tmo version of the Alcatel. Both have the same processor and ram so performance has to be around the same line as my elite. If you're interested in the elite, right is on sale for presidents day on the ms store for $599 with the dock, which isn't bad, good luck!

Sent from mTalk

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had the 950 and now have the 950xl. I didn't think there would be much between the 2 but the battery is better and the extra ram really does make a difference. I watched comparison videos on YouTube on the 950xl vs Idol 4s and the Lumia was actually faster than the Idol in a lot of places except intensive games etc. I like the look of the Idol 4s and I like the battery and VR headset for it but I couldn't compromise so much with the camera personally. Looking at the pictures and videos taken with the Idol 4s or Elite X3 on this forum leaves very little to be desired tbh and I'd miss Glance and double tap to wake too much also. If the camera isn't important to you then go for it but if it is I think you already know you'd regret it

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I've had the "you name it Windows phone" including the 950's and the HP X3. I much prefer all that the HP offers over all that I have owned. I have not used the Alcatel so won't throw this one in this comparison.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Does your Elite x3 load all Facebook app family slow? I was comparing 950xl and Idol 4s due to their similar price range of $200-300. X3 is still $600 at the current president sale which is too much for a Windows phone, Imo.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
$600 for HP is too expensive...go for 950xl and wait for new phone they all talking about. Talking about poor app load is funny,it's all about bad coding. There is no way for poor performance with this many cores and 3GB of ram. We used to run windows XP with 256MB of RAM and 1 core on 1GHz ,ask any older man if you don't remember.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
My first Windows Mobile "Pocket PC" specs...
200MHz Processor
64MB RAM, 128 MB ROM.
Great device, but it was underpowered. Windows devices still seem to need all that and more, and more, and more...(my Android devices frustrate me too sometimes)

I needed a socket and ratchet set. Choices, small medium or large. I chose the large so I wouldn't be short on pieces, even if I never needed them all. Turns out I needed the whole kit and then some.
Moral, don't skimp if you can avoid it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes