This phone is still in warranty and i really don't want to deal with the people using B2X to get this issue solved.

There is no vibrate for: calls, texts, notifications, navigation bar button press, or even when i power-on the phone.

I'm in-warranty, this phone is less than a month old. I bought it from Microsoft on Amazon.com and i use this phone for work, so sending it in is gonna be a huge pain in the ***.

What avenue do you guys recommend?
    02-18-2017 10:07 AM
    Bump.
    02-19-2017 06:38 AM
    Re: WPenvy,
    Which version of the phone Operating System?
    If the Operating System is version 8.1, have you tried the following:
    1. Click the volume button.
    2. Tap the ^ that points down. It's in the upper right corner. It opens the "Ringer + Notifications" controls in a drop down window.
    3. Tap the "vibrate" word in the lower left corner of the drop down window. Tapping toggles the vibrate function/feature "on" and "off". The words change color and the words "on" and "off" display.

Best Wishes
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 02-19-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    02-19-2017 08:16 AM
    No its definitely a hardware failure. It doesn't even vibrate when I power-on the phone.
    02-20-2017 08:34 AM
    Since the phone is under warranty, if it is indeed a hardware problem, it's better to take it to a service centre after checking for obvious problems like vibration disabled in sound menu (suggested by @Kevin Rush). They will be in a better position to solve your problem.
    But before doing that, you should also to try soft resetting the phone after you back up the data as that is the first step service centre people take too.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-20-2017 11:43 PM
    "take it to a service center"

Not sure where you are but that's not a thing where I am (Florida). Im just pissy because they're about to make me jump through all kinds of hoops for a phone that's less than 30days old AND that I use for work.
    02-21-2017 01:02 PM
    Bump.
    02-21-2017 09:07 PM
    Do a warranty repair and hope for the best. Or maybe you can try percussive maintenance, or maybe the motor just came loose but opening the phone likely voids the warranty so I'd try the former and see what happens.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-21-2017 09:53 PM
    Originally posted by xandros9
    Do a warranty repair and hope for the best. Or maybe you can try percussive maintenance, or maybe the motor just came loose but opening the phone likely voids the warranty so I'd try the former and see what happens.
    Any ideas on how to get them to immediately send me a replacement?
    02-22-2017 08:54 AM
    Any ideas on how to get them to immediately send me a replacement?
    You can ask and do be polite!

I think it really depends on their policies. I know Microsoft didn't send me a replacement immediately when I warrantied by 830 but they did pay for shipping. I know some other company offered an immediate replacement for I think a hard drive I bought, for a small fee but it really varies.

But I don't think you can persuade them or force them too if it's something they just don't do (I've had people try to coerce fellow customer support coworkers to do stuff against policy but we just can't.) so you may have to line up a temporary replacement while your 640 is away.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-22-2017 03:39 PM
    02-22-2017 04:36 PM
    I gave up. Im sending it back to Amazon for a refund. If its already having problems less than a month old, there's no sense in accepting a faulty unit. I'll take the money back thank you very much.
    02-23-2017 07:31 PM
    I gave up. Im sending it back to Amazon for a refund. If its already having problems less than a month old, there's no sense in accepting a faulty unit. I'll take the money back thank you very much.
    Well, that works too.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-24-2017 01:37 AM