i recommend lumia 830 owners to upgrade to windows phone 10
also highly recommend via fast ring
last builds works very smooth on nokia 830
and in some areas is faster than wp 8.1
so are you on wp 10 or 8.1 and why ?

Kifa Kostya

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Well, it works. Except OIS, surround audio for video recording. As for me, overall quality of out of camera jpegs sucks comparing to wp8.1

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to be on WM10 very shortly because I couldn't install GDR2 by itself after wiping my phone trying to fix a problem that came from Windows update.

I really hope the fix the photo quality, or there's better apps available, because my old 830 takes photos as good or better than a lot of my friend's much newer iPhones/Androids. The UWP is attractive, especially given how many apps I've gradually lost on WP8.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Desynthesis
I'm going to be on WM10 very shortly because I couldn't install GDR2 by itself after wiping my phone trying to fix a problem that came from Windows update.

I really hope the fix the photo quality, or there's better apps available, because my old 830 takes photos as good or better than a lot of my friend's much newer iPhones/Androids. The UWP is attractive, especially given how many apps I've gradually lost on WP8.

Photo quality won't be 'fixed' as they are simply using new algorithms to create the images.

Try using a camera app that was developed for WP8 such as 'Camera360 Sight'. Those apps still use the old processing algorithms, and produce images that are very similar to those captured in WP8.1. This work-around only works on handsets that were originally using WP8, It doesn't work on handsets that have W10M preinstalled (50 series lumias).

webvan

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Well, it works. Except OIS, surround audio for video recording. As for me, overall quality of out of camera jpegs sucks comparing to wp8.1
A bit of a bump but I just got a used 830 that's running W10 but there is indeed no surround audio in the Camera App and the bitrate is a pretty low 196kbps AAC so I'll try downgrading using "Windows Device Recovery Tool" to see if it's any better. The Camera App does have a checkbox for stabilization, digital one though...but when it's unchecked it does look like some stabilization is being done,it would have to be OIS ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05