Notice Date: February 27, 2017

Firmware Revision: 0002.0000.0026.0118
OS Build: 10.0.14393.693
Bootloader Version: 520271
Issues Addressed:
Area
Description
Camera
Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.
Auto focus tuning updates.
Carriers
APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone
System
Memory utilization is optimized.
Performance of application launches is improved.
Accessories
HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported.
Known Issues:
Area
Description
Apps
Skype for Business app cannot be launched from Continuum external display.
Connectivity
LAN port of HP desk dock does not have UI configurations. This will be available in Windows 10 Mobile RS2.
Security
Too many failed unlock attempts, the device will be locked for security reasons. User can unlock the device at https://account.microsoft.com/devices.

Nothing too exiting but its good to see the support continue

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Updating mine now. It feels like HP is pushing these firmware updates almost on a monthly basis.

I'm glad to see they continue to tinker with the camera. When I started exploring my x3 after setting it up last year, the camera was disappointing. Since then it has been improved significantly.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmm..... I did the update this afternoon then this evening when I pulled my phone out of its holster it was quite warm. I did a shutdown and it's been sitting on "Goodbye" for several minutes.

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Have been checking every day since seeing the mention but still on 0113. Am on release preview ring sitting at build 14393.746. I know Dan had said you would have to roll back if you were on fast ring but no mention about non-creators level builds. Any tricks to force the firmware update?

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Got this update only a couple of hours ago.

Can't set screen brightness anymore (auto only, ignores manual) and while It's a lot more sensitive (its cycled brightness' several times noticably now just writing this) its stuck on levels too dark for my liking for the majority of it.....

edit:
So, had to disable "adjust automatically" in display settings.. Appears its either fully automatic or fully manual now.

I know on my Nokia's "brightest" + auto was supposed to be the power saving benefits of an auto adjust on the brighter end of available brightness, but on HP it acted only as a true "auto" when you selected "suggested", and "brightest" was a manual override in the action bar from my understanding?

Now it seems fully automatic regardless of darkest ~ brightest settings or fully manual with no auto adjust option. I actually use this option daily, not sure if this change will be annoying or not since I basically kept to manual but now auto adjust actually works... but cant have both :/

Last edited:

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Concur with the brightness setting. I don't like it.

By the way, if you are on any insider build ring, you won't get the update.

Sent from mTalk

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Just now phone went from 30% battery down to 6%, red LED flickering, battery critically low warning, Docked phone, showed 31% almost instantly...

think another dodgy update pushed with no testing and this phone goes on ebay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05