Add a feature or firmware enhancement to the IDOL 4s

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Besides camera?

I really miss Gestures Beta... That worthy addition has disappeared from every phone though.

On Android the Idol series has the reversible screen where the phone displays upright no matter which end is up. Bring that to W10M.

Give us Boom Key functionality similar to what Android has.

EQ.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SensorCore

Another fine addition stripped out of all the phones. This for failed politics.

Seems they wanted to force everyone to Band to get Sensor Core benefits (or the step counter parts - Gestures Beta was another part)... Then they cancelled Band.

I recently got my grubby paws on a BNIB Band 2. It's Glance/ Sensor Core / Hey Cortana all rolled together. And enhanced.

Last time I had Band 1 I reveled in how much it brought to a non Lumia (The BLU Win HD LTE). The same now. I like the styling and comfort of 2 better. I may not go back to my watch collection as quickly this time.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Another fine addition stripped out of all the phones. This for failed politics.

Seems they wanted to force everyone to Band to get Sensor Core benefits (or the step counter parts - Gestures Beta was another part)... Then they cancelled Band.
Do you know any place I can read more about this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you know any place I can read more about this?

I'm just sort of connecting the dots on my own.

• Sensor Core came out and it was a BIG deal. You saw it everywhere on WP 8.1. Apps were built around it.
  • Band 1 came out... Then the Apps pivoted towards Band.
  • Eventually around Band 2 the Apps morphed to all Band, all the time and Sensor Core was dropped from W10M.
  • Band is now cancelled and Sensor Core on phones never replaced.
Seems like a clear case for what happened to me. They wanted Band to be their health / fitness / tracking focus so they dropped on-phone support. Band crashed and they simply moved on.

Meanwhile Sensor Core lies waiting to be tapped. It still appears in Settings > Privacy > Motion, yet nothing native to the phone will use it.

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm just sort of connecting the dots on my own.

• Sensor Core came out and it was a BIG deal. You saw it everywhere on WP 8.1. Apps were built around it.
  • Band 1 came out... Then the Apps pivoted towards Band.
  • Eventually around Band 2 the Apps morphed to all Band, all the time and Sensor Core was dropped from W10M.
  • Band is now cancelled and Sensor Core on phones never replaced.
Seems like a clear case for what happened to me. They wanted Band to be their health / fitness / tracking focus so they dropped on-phone support. Band crashed and they simply moved on.

Meanwhile Sensor Core lies waiting to be tapped. It still appears in Settings > Privacy > Motion, yet nothing native to the phone will use it.

This is the kind of thing that makes WM frustrating. Don't get me wrong I love the operating system, but features like phone activity data is pretty much standard in other OSs and phones at this time.

BTW - the SensorCore APIs are still in W10M, I'm not sure what the support level is though...

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
It has to be a workarround on the xda threads, if the api and the needed files are inside the os maybe only push an app and a few reg keys to make it work, I'll see it later. Sorry foy my english

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99