Memory card not recognized in Lumia 950XL

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experience this? For some reason my memory card is not recognized in my 950XL. Is there something I should look for, or any tips for getting the card recognized?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
This can sometimes happen, I had the same issue on my Lumia 640 XL and now occasionally with my Lumia 950. Tried changing SD cards and it didn't really change anything. I think it's an OS problem.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Could be that I am just being unlucky with the SD cards, but other people have been reporting same issues too and I don't think that we all have same brand of SD cards :p

gynnis

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I've had similar problems with 3 Lumia 640's. The cards work for a while, but suddenly they don't work. Worse, the memory cards seem to be destroyed in the process. I have not been able to recover any data, or get the cards recognized when plugged into a PC. It doesn't seem to be a removal problem since one of the cards had never been removed and it went blank shortly after downloading an application and some files. Anyone have any ideas on recovery? Is this a driver issue? It happens with the Samsung EVO 10 64 Mb and a 32 Mb card as well. I've gone through 4 cards like this.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I recently had the problem too. Card still good because every other device reads the card just fine. I formatted in exFAT, NTFS, FAT32. Nada. HW issue with phone. I wiped the phone like 8 times with no luck. It was the last straw among so many other issues. I got my money back using my 2 year warranty.

Using the card in my new Android phone. Works great.

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Had several Micro SD cards fail in the 950XL.

I strongly suspect the phone is cooking the cards.:eck: On a few occasions when I removed a card it was too hot to handle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism