last ditch effort... Is anyone using this with Three in uk???

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
This is my last ditch effort to see if anyone can help with this phone with Three UK.

The phone works great on WiFi and I really like it... but I have zero mobile data working...

I use my phone more for emails and browsing than calling and texting... both of which still work btw...

If anyone is using this on THREE in the UK, or knows of someone who is and has no issues please could you post your APN settings on here... or link to ones that work...

I have tried a few different ones that I've found with no success... so if anyone can help please let me know...

My current contract is too good to move away from so I will be sticking with it rather than getting a new contract with a different provider...

If anyone can help please get in touch!! I do want to keep the phone but will probably sell it shortly if no one can

Thanks in advance peeps!!

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not on Three, nor do I have the XL.

I'm on EE and have the 950. I've always found the APN settings provided on the Geek Squad website to work for EE if I've needed to manually set it up.

I link to their APN setting page for Three: Three APN Settings | Geek Squad.

If that doesn't work, have you logged into your Three online account to see if your 950XL is linked to your account? If it isn't, are you able to add it? (I don't know if Three have the option, but with EE I can see what device is registered to my account and change it if it's wrong). If you're able to, then you might get sent carrier update settings over the air.

Have you contacted Three customer services? They might be able to provide you with APN settings, or do something their end to get it working.

Let us know how you get on :)

Paul

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Three. Aside from shocking reception in any building, i dont have any issues with my 950XL.

Not a whizz with settings, so what is it you need?

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Three and after many years on EE thinking it couldn't be beaten I was actually shocked at how good Three is these days. Great signal on my 950xl indoors and out and even out about in more rural parts of Scotland.
My APN settings for internet worked as soon as I put the sim in but I had some trouble with MMS ans still haven't successfully sent a photo message to anyone not that it's a problem with WhatsApp etc these days

I know you've probably all ready checked but Mobile Data is definitely turned on in settings yeah?

As for my APN settings I've checked against the link I've included and they match so they SHOULD work for you too

https://apn-uk.gishan.net/settings/1250_7_three_apn_settings_for_microsoft_lumia_950.php

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
it seemed to be the apn settings from three were wrong... @13paul13 I've tried those settings and it different to the ones i've tried so fingers crossed... @dov1971 hmm... those were the settings i tried and the ones that three sent me so dunno why they don't seem to work.

The issues were mobile data wasn't connecting but could still text and phone peeps... and worked fine on wifi... we'll see how it goes cause usually it cuts me off between 10 mins and an hour!!

cheers for your help everyone!!

Shugs81

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Woop woop! Might of actually cracked it!!! Seems to he working still!!! The geek squad settings seemed to have done the trick!!! Thanks guys!! Made my week that has!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa