live tiles

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
How can I turn off live tiles on my 950 XL? Who dreamed up this useless activity on our great phone?:unhappy:

dlomshek

In some cases Live Tiles work great. I like them for my email tile and weather tiles, but don't care for them on the Store tile.

You can turn them off by reducing the tile to the small size and in many cases in which you prefer a larger tile size, turn off the live tile within the app.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I remember apps from the WP8 days that let you replace the default tiles for various apps with your own image/color. Maybe some made the jump to WM10.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
In some cases Live Tiles work great. I like them for my email tile and weather tiles, but don't care for them on the Store tile.

You can turn them off by reducing the tile to the small size and in many cases in which you prefer a larger tile size, turn off the live tile within the app.

Absolutely agree with this. I love live tiles for built in apps like Calendar, People App, Weather etc. It's Third Party apps that do them badly (except WhatsApp, I love the largest tile showing message content). Facebook for example - if someone comments on your posts you get a full tile size photo of their face on your Start Screen then your wife demanding to know who it is and why lol. Or sometimes you get random articles on a different live tile and you have to wonder what app you're even looking at.

The apps I don't want to use as live tiles I replace using apps like Tile-Generator or Transparent Tile Maker from the Store. They have the added benefit of being transparent if you want making your background look much better and uniform

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre