Refurbished Lumia 650 going for less than a dollar on Cricket

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Proper DTtW regedit is what it needed. However using InteropTools there is a toggle to set the hw to recognize it is dbl tap capable, and I toggled that too. Otherwise like mentioned I think the feature is not there by default.

You're brave! Thanks for reporting back.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Proper DTtW regedit is what it needed. However using InteropTools there is a toggle to set the hw to recognize it is dbl tap capable, and I toggled that too. Otherwise like mentioned I think the feature is not there by default.

I'll check it natively this afternoon and report back. I've already got my L640 Interop'ed. I know there's a different protocol for x50 series devices. Guess it's back to XDA. Thanks for the info.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The flashing will not work without changes, much like the Lumia 950 ATT variant and the Dual sim unlocked 950 model.
Yeah, you'd be the guy I'd expect to answer the question rather than ask it. That's why I left it alone.

Okay so received my phones today and the first thing I realized is how nice they felt in hand. Very light and fast. Now back to what I was most interested in...debranding.

1) Tried flashing it to the NAM 4R US unbranded variant using thor commands...it failed due to ffu checks
2) Tried editing Windows Device Recovery Tool packet requests using Fiddler..the 4R firmware downloaded but the flashing failed..and then finally lol..
3) The good old registry trick worked..!! Now I have the unbranded US firmware with double tap to wake enabled. I am not sure what other improvements it brings but at least I know I don't have to rely on Cricket anymore for software updates...

Edit: So wallet updated and looks like it enabled support for Microsoft NFC Payments. I also see now phone conversations can be recorded, not sure if it was available before on the Cricket ROM. Everything just feels snappy.

7fdc0a6391095d310f58bfae1ea11dfb.jpg
8e494619ab4cff0a756d67c6cc4304c4.jpg

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay so received my phones today and the first thing I realized is how nice they felt in hand. Very light and fast. Now back to what I was most interested in...debranding.

1) Tried flashing it to the NAM 4R US unbranded variant using thor commands...it failed due to ffu checks
2) Tried editing Windows Device Recovery Tool packet requests using Fiddler..the 4R firmware downloaded but the flashing failed..and then finally lol..
3) The good old registry trick worked..!! Now I have the unbranded US firmware with double tap to wake enabled. I am not sure what other improvements it brings but at least I know I don't have to rely on Cricket anymore for software updates...

Edit: So wallet updated and looks like it enabled support for Microsoft NFC Payments. I also see now phone conversations can be recorded, not sure if it was available before on the Cricket ROM. Everything just feels snappy.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170325/7fdc0a6391095d310f58bfae1ea11dfb.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170325/8e494619ab4cff0a756d67c6cc4304c4.jpg
Any change in available frequency bands?

Mine on the cricket fw has LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,28

Also was the update via ffu flash or OTA?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Any change in available frequency bands?

Mine on the cricket fw has LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,28

Also was the update via ffu flash or OTA?
From prior experience, flashing does not enable new bands, it may disable some though. The reg edit tweak only works through OTA while switching firmware. After that the phone can be reflashed multiple times using WDRT.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
On the 950 it enabled band 30 and disabled band 17 on the dual sim model after flashing the AT&T rom to it. Was just curious.

I may hold the cricket fw for now since has certain at&t provisioning in place already. With your method can you revert back if you needed/wanted to?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Nate W and @pankaj981 Any tutorials going to get posted?

Great work guys, 2 ways to solve the no DTtW issue and many users like a good debrand.

So far the easiest way to unlock I found is here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/cr...ish-[current-cricket-customers]-new-post.html
For DTtW I will have to find the exact Registry keys that either were not there or needed their values changed. The simplest way for me was to get InteropTools installed. Some may not want to enable interop unlock so it may not be what everyone wants to try. If pankaj981's tutorial allows adding and modifying registry keys one could decide to either activate DTtW from and I can find/verify the keys needed. Or they can run over to XDA and read how to install InteropTools (for me simpler) which does the work for you. It has two toggles to activate double tap to wake in the Tweaks section.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
On the 950 it enabled band 30 and disabled band 17 on the dual sim model after flashing the AT&T rom to it. Was just curious.
Field test mode doesn't seem to show anything new

For DTtW I will have to find the exact Registry keys that either were not there or needed their values changed.

It may need to be enabled at the lower firmware level so a registry key might not suffice.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It may need to be enabled at the lower firmware level so a registry key might not suffice.
I'm on the stock cricket firmware. I enabled it with reg edits. I found two of them and have them listed. Tonight I'll reset the phone, make sure dbl tap is gone. Then will manually add those to make double sure.

With the way I enabled DTtW I have it in settings->extras->touch and under settings->personalization->Lock screen.

Another cool regedit trick I found, is changing the glance screen dark mode color to something other than red green or blue. It resets back if you make another change to glance in settings, but still cool to change it up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99