Windows 10 Update on unbranded Lumia 640 DS

Streeetz

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys,
i have an unbranded Lumia 640 DS which i´d like to update to Windows 10.
Mobile provider is o2 (Netzclub).

I already tried:

8.1 Update 2
Windows advisor app - no update detected for your phone
Windows insider app - the same

After hard reset
Windows advisor app - nothing
Windows insider app - nothing

Someone may have an idea how to get my phone to Window 10.... this cant be real... i dont even find something on Google or other Tools.

Greeetz

Masonghale252

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same problem with Microsoft Lumia 640 on the AT&T network. I am trying hard reset now in hopes that it will solve the problem. Neither upgrade advisor app or inside a preview would work and I also couldn't find any information regarding this problem anywhere online. I will update if I find a solution

AllanQuatermain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my 640 Dual Sim unlocked German version I am in UK to windows 10 using the update advisor app, have you tried wi-fi with sim card removed?, it took several goes to finally get the update through the advisor app, then used the insider app to get Redstone 2 creators update, and then over 47 apps updating, the update from 8.1 to 10 I thought it would not happen after waiting 15 minutes then it started to download at a slow pace even with a fast connection, there were more updates before using insider app to get Redstone 2, was it worth updating will compare with my 640 LTE on 8.1 and see, one problem when switching off a few apps from running in the
background the phone froze and needed a restart several times so did a factory reset and it now it is working ok, I use the text feature that reads it aloud on speaker and can reply with text etc on 8.1 this is not as reliable on 10, will use the 640DS with windows 10 for a while to give it a chance but I expect I will go back to 8.1 as I did on surface pro Tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05