Alcatel open market 4s

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I can but I use AT&T which might not make that much of a difference anyway. VVM should auto provision after you call your Voicemail for the first time.

Yeah, this whole thing makes no sense to me. My SIM worked fine under the open market. I tried your registry settings, which jibe very closely with my 1520 registry settings, and still nothing. I guess I'll order a new SIM so I can say I went through the process of elimination.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, this whole thing makes no sense to me. My SIM worked fine under the open market. I tried your registry settings, which jibe very closely with my 1520 registry settings, and still nothing. I guess I'll order a new SIM so I can say I went through the process of elimination.
Ya it should work under a new sim. I did not realize you were using Cricket.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't see how it would be the SIM...

I couldn't either. I was convinced it was my T-Mo branded (and unlocked) Idol 4S Windows. @Nate W walked me through some reg stuff all to no avail. My SMS/MMS was just borked. Probably a W10 thing, right? Especially since it came right after an update... Then I latched onto a Sony Xperia X running Android and put my old Cricket SIM in there. Same issues. Got a new SIM (no longer green and white, now just all white) and my issues went away.

YMMV, but a new SIM cannot hurt one tiny bit. Make sure they know you are having issues, reference the 2G shutdown and network changes (including VVM/voice mail) and make sure they give you the SIM for free to fix the issues THEY caused.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I'll probably pay the $10 for a new SIM just to avoid Cricket's customer service. The Cricket stores around here are third-world ghetto, and their phone support isn't much better. Customer service is one of the things you forego at this price point, and I accepted that fact going in

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@DylanCochard
Are you thinking of preordering the Europe bound variant, or forget about it? I believe you're in that region or maybe I'm mistaken...

It went on preorder several days ago for that region in Germany. link

anon(10197358)

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
@Nate W

Yep, I'am from France. Here, Idol Pro isn't again available in pre-order, but I think it should be the case soon. Not Idol Pro for me, I thinking to order a Samsung Galaxy S8 ^^

Maybe a WDRT update soon to display/support Idol Pro.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
hope with this(europe phone) we get more support for fix those errors...

But the price (599€, $672)! How many do you think will sell? They cost 40% of that in the US, and have for awhile, and it doesn't appear that they're flying off the shelves.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
But the price (599€, $672)! How many do you think will sell? They cost 40% of that in the US, and have for awhile, and it doesn't appear that they're flying off the shelves.

Apparently Alcatel took marketing classes from Microsoft. They killed what could have been a decent selling phone for them.

mobilemeneer

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem here. The open market firmware is much newer and i can't get rid of the T-Mobile firmware. Can we modify something ourself to get this flashing done?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
we have been working trying to work around the system checks when flashing but nothing has worked as of yet, I think the only way this will get resolved if alcatel get off their arses and fix the broken ffu on wdrt, which they have known about for quite some time now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss