Creator Update & The Idol 4S

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's a day late but who cares? I must say this has been the quickest update to come through beginning to end and the least troublesome. Kudos to Microsoft for a painless update experience.

Now comes the fury.

What in the name of all that's good did Microsoft do to Outlook Mail? To open a PDF you have only one choice and it's Edge. This is woefully unacceptable and I'll leave it at that.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, it's a day late but who cares? I must say this has been the quickest update to come through beginning to end and the least troublesome. Kudos to Microsoft for a painless update experience.

Now comes the fury.

What in the name of all that's good did Microsoft do to Outlook Mail? To open a PDF you have only one choice and it's Edge. This is woefully unacceptable and I'll leave it at that.

Thanks. Downloading now.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in SW Missouri and I got it yesterday (April 26) on my T-Mo branded Idol 4S Windows, but it IS on Release Ring.

I'm in the middle of nowhere, because if you leave the small city I'm in and its attendant suburbs, there is a lot of nowhere to the next city of any size. :winktongue:

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Is edge working properly with the new CU. In youtube and with most videos, they would crash after going to lock screen in edge. Anyone having that issue?

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I installed 15036.251 on the 4S today. I tested antutu v6 and basemark os II.
The weird think is that in antutu, the 950 XL has higher ux i/o performance score.
In basemark os II, the 950 XL had double the web score, slightly higher system score, similar memory score and lower graphics score.
Even in speed, the 4S is not faster. I think Windows 10 Mobile is not yet optimized for the 820 chip or alcatel needs performace optimisation firmware

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm in SW Missouri and I got it yesterday (April 26) on my T-Mo branded Idol 4S Windows, but it IS on Release Ring.

I'm in the middle of nowhere, because if you leave the small city I'm in and its attendant suburbs, there is a lot of nowhere to the next city of any size. :winktongue:

Still waiting here in MD
- not on insider at all
- unlocked version
- cricket

not sure what my holdup is....

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my T-Mobile US Idol 4S and Fierce XL to 15063.251 on Insider Preview and haven't seen any issues, including the above mentioned YouTube video problems.

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
The youtube problem i personally experienced on the 4S is while switching youtube videos to landscape mode, the page turns all black, after a couple of seconds the display shows normally again.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I installed 15036.251 on the 4S today. I tested antutu v6 and basemark os II.
The weird think is that in antutu, the 950 XL has higher ux i/o performance score.
In basemark os II, the 950 XL had double the web score, slightly higher system score, similar memory score and lower graphics score.
Even in speed, the 4S is not faster. I think Windows 10 Mobile is not yet optimized for the 820 chip or alcatel needs performace optimisation firmware

When you are the author of something you know it inside and out better than anyone. Hence a Lumia running less HW is as good or better than the newest flag ship...that is one of the reasons I picked up a 950XL recently.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just finished going back to .1066 via WDRT. Bluetooth is buggy and having Edge as my only option to open PDFs is unacceptable.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion