MintSim + Lumia 950 XL + Wifi Calling: Has anyone done this?

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

After all the advertising for MintSim on this portal, I decided to try it and I like it. Sadly they're a TMO MVNO and the service sucks.

I'm on a Lumia 950 XL on the latest firmware and I enabled "Wifi Calling" from the MintSim interface online. [STRIKE]I can see that IMSI registration on my phone in the about section.[/STRIKE] Correction, I confused the IMSI with the IMS, mine says, "Not Registered"....

However I still can't see the option in the phone. Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Or if there's a general way to do this? Or is it just impossible.

With Appreciation.

Last edited:

wraedeohed#WN

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

After all the advertising for MintSim on this portal, I decided to try it and I like it. Sadly they're a TMO MVNO and the service sucks.

I'm on a Lumia 950 XL on the latest firmware and I enabled "Wifi Calling" from the MintSim interface online. [STRIKE]I can see that IMSI registration on my phone in the about section.[/STRIKE] Correction, I confused the IMSI with the IMS, mine says, "Not Registered"....

However I still can't see the option in the phone. Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Or if there's a general way to do this? Or is it just impossible.

With Appreciation.
I have Mint Sim, and everything was fine until I lost my phone the week before last.

Never tried the Wi-Fi calling, but everything else seems to have worked fine.

macros_1

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If it's at all like Tmo, the Wifi calling won't work. Doesn't matter if it is enabled on the carrier side...

Wish my 950XL supported WiFi calling on Tmo, would make it an even better experience.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I dropped the sim into a cheap Android phone and wifi-calling worked without any additional manual APN settings. Popped it back into my 950 XL, nothing. IMS Unregistered it says.... :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss