Well Just got the Creators Update 8-(

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Shockingly it is just as poor as I thought. Resuming...Resuming...Resuming...Edge loads half the pages now, camera takes forever to save.

Good job 2 MSFT Mobile developers....congrats

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Shockingly it is just as poor as I thought. Resuming...Resuming...Resuming...Edge loads half the pages now, camera takes forever to save.

Good job 2 MSFT Mobile developers....congrats

I'm not experiencing any of the above.

Have you done a hard reset? Sometimes that can really clear things up after an update.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
yup, two hard resets. Glance clock no longer updates, so that is a nice win. Edge seems to have the old bug where it would swipe left way to easily. Nice job cherrypicking code devs

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
yup, two hard resets. Glance clock no longer updates, so that is a nice win. Edge seems to have the old bug where it would swipe left way to easily. Nice job cherrypicking code devs

If this update is so objectionable to you, USE the WDRT method to go to the latest release version. It sounds as if something in your hardware did not load and implement the update correctly. A hard reset would not have cured the problem but WDRT just might do the trick. Good Luck.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
How about MSFT QA their garbage, and not force an update on my phone. I like the answer though, just like the MSFT forums. Reinstall your OS! the old standard reply

Darren Allen

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I am having issues as well! My 950XL hung half way through a conversion....I couldn't even reset it using the buttons. So I had to yank the battery. When it restarted I lost all my Text History, Contacts and Emails settings.
Camera is now slow to save. And when you access photos via the camera the screen just goes black.
Phone also gets very hot (all apps closed).
They actually had it right with the last update 3 months ago......phone was the best it's ever been.
Now it's back to been unreliable again!! Nice one Microshaft!!

Fenoy

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
With the CU update my 950XL works very well and two things really stand out: both Edge and Glance are much improved. With the AU update I had almost stopped using Glance but with CU it is vastly improved. Only real complaint and as far as I'm concerned it is a minor one but I can't seem to get the iris scan dependably work so I've abandoned its use - I will note that I wear glasses.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I bet if you look at the feedback hub once they branched the code for this release, and tracked all bugs past that date, a high percentage of them were not fixed in this branch. Their development process are really weak as far as cherry picking code into other branches.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
What is super awesome is that my wall charger can hardly keep up with using the phone. So I can have Waze running in the car, and the battery still drains while being charged.

Where do the screenshots now go? The used to go right into my camera roll?

Why do half the websites load, then go all white and I have to restart Edge?

##!@## MSFT.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
So, you are saying use WDRT to go back to the last pre creators update? What happens when it auto updates again to the creators update?

How do you turn OFF all updates?

MSFT just split off the mobile devs from win 10.

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Darren Allen
I am having issues as well! My 950XL hung half way through a conversion....I couldn't even reset it using the buttons. So I had to yank the battery. When it restarted I lost all my Text History, Contacts and Emails settings.
Camera is now slow to save. And when you access photos via the camera the screen just goes black.
Phone also gets very hot (all apps closed).
They actually had it right with the last update 3 months ago......phone was the best it's ever been.
Now it's back to been unreliable again!! Nice one Microshaft!!

I would suggest if you have any apps installed on the SD card, to move them to the internal memory. Further, have your camera save images to the internal memory and not the SD card. I have faced similar problems, at least for me the issue was with the SD card. The read and write speed for apps, including the camera, is much slower when using the SD card than with internal memory. I doubt this problem will go away soon, but having these things on internal memory has made things work fine. Music on SD card is okay, and you can copy pictures from your internal memory to SD card later on, this won't affect the overall performance of the photos app. Hope this helps

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Fenoy
With the CU update my 950XL works very well and two things really stand out: both Edge and Glance are much improved. With the AU update I had almost stopped using Glance but with CU it is vastly improved. Only real complaint and as far as I'm concerned it is a minor one but I can't seem to get the iris scan dependably work so I've abandoned its use - I will note that I wear glasses.

I wear glasses too - after training the iris scanner with & without my glasses a couple of times the setup works quite well. You can do the whole training one without glasses, followed by once or more with them.

Unkitjc

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Scott Pisciotta
So, you are saying use WDRT to go back to the last pre creators update? What happens when it auto updates again to the creators update?

How do you turn OFF all updates?

MSFT just split off the mobile devs from win 10.

The other guys suggest using WDRT to roll back and update again because it would rectify any issues / bad update code from your phone, and it should work as expected as a result. The suggestion is not meant to roll back and stop updates. I know it is a standard suggestion, in most cases it works. I would further suggest that the storage settings be set to internal memory for most things, especially apps, pictures/videos as the read/write spears on SD cards is bad, which often causes lags, even phone crashes. Also, this reset process could fix the edge issue. From experience, some websites haven't finished loading despite the progress bar in Edge indicates otherwise, and there is some waiting to be done. Not ideal at all, but that's one thing. The resuming problem with Edge is not something I have particularly experienced (unless I have multiple tabs open with heavy websites, which slows Edge down considerably). So I can't say for sure the hard reset will fix your particular problem... But the Creators update has definitely sped up my device a whole lot. It worked fine already, but after a water related accident with the phone I ended up having to do the WDRT process, and the phones works better for it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss