creators update build 15063.297 onn unsupported lumia 535

rameezkhan4563

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Since Lumia 535 is not officially supported for creators update, but we can be on creators update through the release preview ring...
Does anyone has install this build 15063.297 on your Lumia 535....if Yes ...then what is the experience of using this build in Lumia 535....I wanna know all the pros and cons of installing this build on my Lumia 535...

Thanks all in advance

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My experience so far: I had some issues on latest versions of AU, like outlook live tile not updating after reading messages, edges constant reloading on some web pages, some apps not registering as installed in MS store, etc...
So I decided to install CU, hoping that it would solve those issues. Well, some were solved and other new ones were introduced and this time a very bad one. After CU update I began to have a very annoying bug that some L950 users are reporting. Several times a day when I wanted to unlock my phone only a black screen was shown. I could hear the unlock sound but nothing on the screen. Only after a restart the screen came back. Soft reset did not helped.
Edge doesn't reload pages as before but now sometimes when I start edge for the first time the webpages links do not work and text appears smaller. However a page refresh solves that issue.
Also some apps started to crash and lag more. Even the phone lagged sometimes to go back to home screen or when changing apps.

So, yesterday, I did a clean hard reset (without restoring backup). i should have done it right after CU update and spared me a lot of headaches.

Some issues I encountered during the process:
Hard reset went well, only at apps update process I started to have problems.
- Some system apps wouldn't update because they were installed on sd card during hard reset, giving me the 'app can only be installed to internal memory' error. If you encounter this issue you have to move the affected apps from sd card to internal memory before trying again to update.
To avoid this choose install apps on internal memory after hard reset and change it later when all apps are up to date.
- Some old apps were reinstalled like Here maps, Fitness, Storyteller, etc... Just uninstall them.
- Additional keyboard languages wouldn't download just giving an error and aborting the download. To solve this you have to re-enroll to Windows insider RP ring. After restart downloading other keyboard languages worked again.

For now my L535 feels like a new phone. After hard reset apps like 'tubecast' install correctly again. Phone is much more fluid now (but that was expected, I think).
However it's too early to jump into conclusions, only one day has past.

If I find any other problem or a old one reappears I'll post it here.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Deryan DeDawjee

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So far I didn't really see any major differences from the previous build, but there are certain problems I've had for many builds and yet again I didn't see this build fix them.

urbijr

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
My experience so far: I had some issues on latest versions of AU, like outlook live tile not updating after reading messages, edges constant reloading on some web pages, some apps not registering as installed in MS store, etc...
So I decided to install CU, hoping that it would solve those issues. Well, some were solved and other new ones were introduced and this time a very bad one. After CU update I began to have a very annoying bug that some L950 users are reporting. Several times a day when I wanted to unlock my phone only a black screen was shown. I could hear the unlock sound but nothing on the screen. Only after a restart the screen came back. Soft reset did not helped.
Edge doesn't reload pages as before but now sometimes when I start edge for the first time the webpages links do not work and text appears smaller. However a page refresh solves that issue.
Also some apps started to crash and lag more. Even the phone lagged sometimes to go back to home screen or when changing apps.

So, yesterday, I did a clean hard reset (without restoring backup). i should have done it right after CU update and spared me a lot of headaches.

Some issues I encountered during the process:
Hard reset went well, only at apps update process I started to have problems.
- Some system apps wouldn't update because they were installed on sd card during hard reset, giving me the 'app can only be installed to internal memory' error. If you encounter this issue you have to move the affected apps from sd card to internal memory before trying again to update.
To avoid this choose install apps on internal memory after hard reset and change it later when all apps are up to date.
- Some old apps were reinstalled like Here maps, Fitness, Storyteller, etc... Just uninstall them.
- Additional keyboard languages wouldn't download just giving an error and aborting the download. To solve this you have to re-enroll to Windows insider RP ring. After restart downloading other keyboard languages worked again.

For now my L535 feels like a new phone. After hard reset apps like 'tubecast' install correctly again. Phone is much more fluid now (but that was expected, I think).
However it's too early to jump into conclusions, only one day has past.

If I find any other problem or a old one reappears I'll post it here.

Sent from mTalk

Glad to see there could be a solution for my Lumia 535: my problem is that since I did the CU it started to show those black screens you talked about -something like 3-4 times per day- and the only solution so far is to restart the phone.
But now you're telling me that a simple hard reset would fix my L535? I see that this post is relatevely old, what has been your experience like after the hard reset? Did you encounter the black screen again?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Glad to see there could be a solution for my Lumia 535: my problem is that since I did the CU it started to show those black screens you talked about -something like 3-4 times per day- and the only solution so far is to restart the phone.
But now you're telling me that a simple hard reset would fix my L535? I see that this post is relatevely old, what has been your experience like after the hard reset? Did you encounter the black screen again?

I have a L535DS which I had updated to CU through Insider Release Preview and had problem with black screen on unlocking 3 to 4 times a day causing inconveniences like inablity to receive a phone call , inability to snooze or dismiss an alarm. The cumulative updates did not help so I did a hard reset but the problem returned after a few days. So I used the WDRT to roll back to AU . I tried again later with CU but had to go back again to AU because of this annoying black screen problem.
It was really annoying because except for this black screen problem everything else was smoother on CU .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss