Well, I'm throwing in the towel

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
After about a year and a half with my Fierce XL I think I'm finally calling it quits. This is the third time it's gotten stuck on a random reboot cycle that doesn't seem to have any pattern (or at least none that I can reproduce) and after sending it in for an out of warranty evaluation (the repair would've cost more than the phone is probably worth right now) I've decided to retire it. For the time being I'm going to be using my old 925 which still works aside from the speakerphone mic being dead. Is a 950 XL (RM-1085) worth it as a replacement? I'd get the Idol 4S but my biggest beef is that I do go out of the country from time to time and the 950 XL would certainly have better compatibility with global LTE networks.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
There is supposed to be a European approved version of the 4s, and that may or may not have more frequencies, but who knows when it will be released. But atm the 950XL definitely has the edge on non-American frequencies and its a capable machine IMO.

It has those Lumia features like glance, double tap to wake, replaceable battery and a nice camera. Definitely a step up from the fierce, which did not review that well.

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Indeed there is a Euro version with support for quite a few more bands, but after my less than middle of the road experience with my Fierce XL I'm not sure how much I trust another Alcatel. I know it's a different device at a different price point with different QC, but it I'm still hesitant. Glad to hear the 950XL is still a solid device. I miss most of those Lumia features!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans