How do you Unlock a T-Mobile 4S without a non-T-Mobile SIM?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Got the unlock code from T-Mobile for my wife's 4S. T-Mobile instructions always require a non-T-Mobile SIM BUT every T-Mobile Phone I have unlocked (521, 925, 635, 640...) I was able to find instructions for doing it with no SIM or with a T-Mobile SIM installed. I understand why T-Mobile doesn't publish that because it might prevent a few customers ever unlocking the phone but can someone point me to the way to unlock a T-Mobile 4S without a non-T-Mobile SIM? Not looking for how to get the code; I already have that.

TIA

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Got the unlock code from T-Mobile for my wife's 4S. T-Mobile instructions always require a non-T-Mobile SIM BUT every T-Mobile Phone I have unlocked (521, 925, 635, 640...) I was able to find instructions for doing it with no SIM or with a T-Mobile SIM installed. I understand why T-Mobile doesn't publish that because it might prevent a few customers ever unlocking the phone but can someone point me to the way to unlock a T-Mobile 4S without a non-T-Mobile SIM? Not looking for how to get the code; I already have that.

TIA
Do you have an extra sim from an AT&T 640? That's normally what I use.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an extra sim from an AT&T 640? That's normally what I use.
You know I probably do have one laying around that came with an AT&T 640. I bought a bunch to unlock and give away when they were $10 net ($79 but with $69 Office 365 licenses I could use).

You're right that it doesn't have to be an active SIM. I hope I can find one. I may have tossed them since I didn't foresee any value.

Thanks.

Edit: I definitely have one. I just found one of those AT&T 640s in a sealed box. AT&T would give out the unlock code for new phones with just the IMEI which is printed on the box. If I don't find one of the SIMS from one of the 640s I gave away, I'll open the box and use the one in there (and unlock that AT&T phone with the code I got from them years ago.)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You know I probably do have one laying around that came with an AT&T 640. I bought a bunch to unlock and give away when they were $10 net ($79 but with $69 Office 365 licenses I could use).

You're right that it doesn't have to be an active SIM. I hope I can find one. I may have tossed them since I didn't foresee any value.

Thanks.

Edit: I definitely have one. I just found one of those AT&T 640s in a sealed box. AT&T would give out the unlock code for new phones with just the IMEI which is printed on the box. If I don't find one of the SIMS from one of the 640s I gave away, I'll open the box and use the one in there (and unlock that AT&T phone with the code I got from them years ago.)

Yeah, it doesn't need to be active at all. I have never been an AT&T customer and it works out well to do the unlock.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That didn't work. The AT&T SIM I have is the wrong size. So I'm still looking for a procedure to unlock with no SIM. I found a procedure posted by an unlocking service after you acquire an unlock code from them but nothing happens after I enter either of the sequence using the code I got from T-Mobile or when I press call at the end of each.

1 - Start your Alcatel Idol 4s on WITHOUT ANY SIM CARD INSERTED
2 - Enter the following sequence : *#0000*CODE#
3 - To complete the unlocking process enter sequence : *#0001*CODE#

I assume that's for the Android version and that's why it doesn't work unless the asterisks are meant to be like quotes and I'm not supposed to type those?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That didn't work. The AT&T SIM I have is the wrong size. So I'm still looking for a procedure to unlock with no SIM. I found a procedure posted by an unlocking service after you acquire an unlock code from them but nothing happens after I enter either of the sequence using the code I got from T-Mobile or when I press call at the end of each.

1 - Start your Alcatel Idol 4s on WITHOUT ANY SIM CARD INSERTED
2 - Enter the following sequence : *#0000*CODE#
3 - To complete the unlocking process enter sequence : *#0001*CODE#

I assume that's for the Android version and that's why it doesn't work unless the asterisks are meant to be like quotes and I'm not supposed to type those?

Since the sim is useless cut it down. But if you do be careful you do not get it stuck. Otherwise borrow a sim?? So close yet so far away....

rjcs123

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
good afternoon. How to get the unlock code? I need a code for my alcatel and I have not found a payment service.

Regards!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,I also need to get a unlock code,where do I get it? Please
It is a gamble if you do not own a T-Mobile account that is up to date and in good standing.

You probably will not find much resource on the WC forums. You might have better luck asking around the XDA forums or maybe on ebay.

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello,i have a locked idol 4s and tmobile said I can get a sim card from them and put $100 on it and then they would give me the unlock code and they also gave me the name of a unlock service,releasemycode.com,it cost $17.99 and that was Friday,they said 1-7 days,including weekends,I'm still waiting,so if it works ill keep ya posted

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
They couldn't get their supplier to respond to emails and finally after 5 days they gave me a refund,so i tried another website that guaranteed to get my phone unlocked in hrs,about 2 hrs later I received a email saying sorry blahblahblah couldn't do it and they gave me my money back,so i guess I'm gonna have to give T-Mobile $100 for it,and that sucks,i don't understand what the problem is

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
They couldn't get their supplier to respond to emails and finally after 5 days they gave me a refund,so i tried another website that guaranteed to get my phone unlocked in hrs,about 2 hrs later I received a email saying sorry blahblahblah couldn't do it and they gave me my money back,so i guess I'm gonna have to give T-Mobile $100 for it,and that sucks,i don't understand what the problem is

Thanks for the update Nick. I'm in the same boat, looking for an unlocking service. Sucks since mine was unlocked before sending it in for repairs. Now I've got it locked after speaker repairs. No one seems to be able to unlock these except for TMO.

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
(aleunge)forgot to quote,im always messing up; You mean it was unlocked and prior to getting repairs made and then it was locked when you got it back? Man,WTH!!!?Look here man,idk about you but I would be raising Hades my friend,hel! Nah,totally unacceptable,who did the repair and what's the reason for locking it? But yeah,seems like Tmo is the only ones that can unlock em,I know a place or two that's unlocked several other types of phones no problem,but not Tmobile,I wish I had never bought it,have a goodin

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
(aleunge)forgot to quote,im always messing up; You mean it was unlocked and prior to getting repairs made and then it was locked when you got it back? Man,WTH!!!?Look here man,idk about you but I would be raising Hades my friend,hel! Nah,totally unacceptable,who did the repair and what's the reason for locking it? But yeah,seems like Tmo is the only ones that can unlock em,I know a place or two that's unlocked several other types of phones no problem,but not Tmobile,I wish I had never bought it,have a goodin

Yeah man. I even left a note in with the repairs telling them mine is unlocked and any replacements would also need to be unlocked since I'm not with T-Mobile. It wasn't even a replacement and it's still relocked. I'm contacting them to see if there's anything that can be done, but others have had the same experience with getting a locked phone back so I'm not hopeful. I won't be getting another Alcatel phone with this kind of service though. With so many choices out there, why shoot myself in the foot...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786