Lumia 950 isn't detected on Windows 7 laptop

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Dear All, i need your help

My Lumia 950 won't be detected on my laptop. i have tried all my laptop USB ports, i have bought a new USB Type C Cable in case if it's the cable but it still doesn't work. it will charge my phone but that's it, nothing else is going to happen. restarting it doesn't change anything.

I opened Device Manager, but it is not detected in Device Manager. there isn't a connected USB tone that you will normally hear.

But, it still works when i connect it to Display Dock for Continuum mode.

Did anyone have the same issue as me before ?

Does anyone know if it's my USB Type C port or the OS itself that won't introduce itself to PC ?

Please help me. I hope i don't have to factory reset it ☹

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Dear All, i need your help

My Lumia 950 won't be detected on my laptop. i have tried all my laptop USB ports, i have bought a new USB Type C Cable in case if it's the cable but it still doesn't work. it will charge my phone but that's it, nothing else is going to happen. restarting it doesn't change anything.

I opened Device Manager, but it is not detected in Device Manager. there isn't a connected USB tone that you will normally hear.

But, it still works when i connect it to Display Dock for Continuum mode.

Did anyone have the same issue as me before ?

Does anyone know if it's my USB Type C port or the OS itself that won't introduce itself to PC ?

Please help me. I hope i don't have to factory reset it ☹

while it's connected, try doing a scan on device manager to see if it picks it

And try downloading the phone companion program

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I tried scan for hardware changes on Device Manager, it doesn't help.

I installed phone companion program and WDRT too, but it is still not detected.

FYI, my lumia 950 is running 15063.414 production build.

I had this issue before, but after a few days it came back to work by itself. But this time it doesn't. ☹

australopithecine

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I think its a problem with Windows 7, I too had the same problem when I was running windows 7 and had to download some usb driver file or something? and then too it was detected as some MTP thing? (media transfer protocol?)..and also I had to keep it plugged in to the computer for a while till it showed up in "My Computer" (so keep it plugged in, do something else on ur pc in the meantime..and see whether it shows up)

have you tried googling : "cant connect windows phone to windows 7" and look for some solutions maybe?

check these threads:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-520/244650-my-win-7-pc-doesnt-detect-lumia-520-a.html
(restarting phone while plugged in seemed to fix the issue for many)

http://www.gfisk.com/windows-phone-not-recognized-by-windows-7/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29033181/pc-doesnt-recognize-windows-phone-device

You can expect flawless connection only with Windows 8/Windows 10 on PC

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I just did a factory reset with my phone, but it doesn't change anything. It didn't help at all ☹

Well I haven't tried Windows 10 yet. I will find a Windows 10 PC as soon as possible and i will let you guys know.

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Guys, i tried it with a Windows 10 laptop and it didn't work. Nothing show up in the Device Manager. I am really out of idea ☹

Please help me ☹

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
If you have WDRT (Windows Device Recovery Tool) installed on your laptop, first uninstall it, restart laptop, and install the latest version of WDRT. When it finishes instalation start it and then connect your phone. If is is not detected use the option "My device was not detected".

Stiletto72

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have this exact same issue with my Lumia 950 and Windows 10 PC's. I've tried it on 3 different PC's and I keep getting the same error message. See attached.
The phone has been factory reset and fully updated and the PC's are also up to date. When the phone connects it starts to charge straight away and I've tried it in every port on my main PC.
WDRT is installed but also does nothing for me.
Not sure if the picture will attach but it says - USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. It's the same message on all PC's.
message.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs