Deals on Idol 4s... from $109

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Not surprising, especially since the internet is flooded with open market models that had to be reflashed to T-Mobile software after the update armageddon. It's great news if you're a T-Mo subscriber, but unlocked T-Mo variants are virtually unusable on other carriers. So much for being the "un-carrier". Gimping a phone with proprietary firmware is pretty much the most carrier thing ever.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not surprising, especially since the internet is flooded with open market models that had to be reflashed to T-Mobile software after the update armageddon. It's great news if you're a T-Mo subscriber, but unlocked T-Mo variants are virtually unusable on other carriers. So much for being the "un-carrier". Gimping a phone with proprietary firmware is pretty much the most carrier thing ever.
Verizon wrote that book.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

As a t-mo customer, I give them props for bringing it to market. Idc what they had to do...they did what even MS themselves wasn't willing to do. So yeah...I give them props.

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
What type of problems are their with unlocking a idol 4s and using it on att? I have one but haven't unlocked it yet and don't know if I really want to,thinking about selling it really

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
As a t-mo customer, I give them props for bringing it to market. Idc what they had to do...they did what even MS themselves wasn't willing to do. So yeah...I give them props.

That's my point though. They didn't have to do that. They did it purely out of spite, and they should have no right to disable basic features like MMS on my phone that I paid for. I bought my phone unlocked from the factory, not a T-Mobile branded phone, and now I'm stuck with T-Mobile's ****ty firmware for a phone that they only sold for two weeks. If they want to inflict their ****ty service upon their customers, that's their business. But they shouldn't inflict misery upon those of us who didn't buy a T-Mobile phone. Or the people who paid hundreds of dollars for their T-Mo phone and want to unlock it. No wonder people are flooding away from branded carriers in droves.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
What type of problems are their with unlocking a idol 4s and using it on att? I have one but haven't unlocked it yet and don't know if I really want to,thinking about selling it really

The problems are that nothing works except basic talk and text. Forget tethering. Forget visual voicemail. Forget call forwarding. Forget picture messages. You will be able to place voice calls and simple SMS messages only. I'd sell it if I was you. Mine is nothing more than a backup phone now.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So if I have a locked T-Mobile version and if I unlock it its not really that good on Att? What a bummer
It can be. You need to interop unlock it though and make it good yourself. I own both the unlocked model and a t-mobile branded model I sim unlocked. I over time figured out how to enable hd voice/volte on the idol 4s...

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by fatclue_98
Originally Posted by aj173

Verizon wrote that book.

They really did. I remember buying a Verizon 8x when it was brand new for dirt cheap at $160. Only to find out I couldn't MMS from it because Verizon decided the firmware should remove the APN customization.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99