Native VOIP Possible w/ x3?

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone for work. It has an option to use the wireless network for phone services instead of trying to use the cell network. (For times when there's no service, but there is a wireless network.) Pretty sure I've seen similar on Android devices.

Is this possible without Skype or something similar on the x3 or any WM10 device?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean VoWiFi / wifi calling? I would think that on T-Mobile it would only work if anything which I doubt since it's unlocked and not a carrier model..the idol 4s has wifi calling for the T-Mobile variant.

Or do you mean intranet VoIP calls to your works internal Network?

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Thinking something like the iPhone with it's "Make Calls over Wireless" or T-Mobile's stuff they built in to use wireless instead of cell for voice when possible. (Not sure if Android has this natively or not) I wasn't sure if MS or HP had ever invested in making that work w/ WP. I know I could use Skype, but thinking I may just resort to my iPhone for VOIP calls when on vacation. :-/

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. I'll check into that. Was hoping I could just flip my normal number over to VOIP like I could w/ the iPhone, but looks like that's not possible. No worries. Wanted to check. Zoiper and the like could be useful if I sign up for a VOIP service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb