Lumia 950XL not tagging location in RAW files

Zahid_Hossain01

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have my Lumia 950XL to shoot JPG + RAW photos. I also have image location tagging on. The problem is that the RAW files are not being tagged with the location. The JPG's are tagged properly with the location, but the RAW files do not have a location tag :cry:

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Could you confirm your jpg's are being tagged with GPS data. I haven't had location data tagged in my photos for quite some time. I think I lost is sometime around Anniversary Update.

Thanks!

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Argh! What's the trick? I've been hoping for a fix for over a year, but maybe i've been doing it wrong? Here's my setup:

Windows 10 Creator's Update (15063.540)
Camera App: 2017.517.11.0
Location Service enabled, Camera location On

If i go into a jpg and go to file info, location is blank. I can copy it to my desktop and go to file properties, and still blank. How are you accessing the location info on your photos?

I've done several hard resets since losing the feature and still nothing...

I've never had location tagged in RAW pics either.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hhhmmm, I've never had problem with location not being tag on photos with any of the Lumias I own since W8...
Is location service working in your other apps? Perhaps it's hardware related.

... !

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, working everywhere else, including other camera apps. Most of the time i use ProShot and it'll tag location just fine. The issue is only with the built-in camera app. The only reason it's an issue is when i'm trying to get a quick shot off. Having the hardware button and bypassing the lock screen is essential for those in-the-moment shots...

It's also not working on my Lumia Icon or Lumia 650 so just assumed it was an app or OS issue. I'm stumped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire