Screen replacement for Lumia 640XL

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I am from India.
Recently I had come to Hyderabad to pursue a course.
I was waiting to board the bus to go to my hostel when suddenly a guy tried to snatch my phone (MICROSOFT LUMIA 640XL), fortunately I was able to recover the phone but unfortunately it fell on the ground and the screen shattered. Device is still working fine.
I don't know what to do as I don't have enough money to get a new device.
I have been using windows phones for almost 5-6 years now.
I wanted to continue using this device for at least a year and then move to a different device or a platform.

I would like to get the screen replaced but don't know whether its a right thing to do considering the cost of the screen.
should I go with a third party screen?
what do you guys suggest?

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I am from India.
Recently I had come to Hyderabad to pursue a course.
I was waiting to board the bus to go to my hostel when suddenly a guy tried to snatch my phone (MICROSOFT LUMIA 640XL), fortunately I was able to recover the phone but unfortunately it fell on the ground and the screen shattered. Device is still working fine.
I don't know what to do as I don't have enough money to get a new device.
I have been using windows phones for almost 5-6 years now.
I wanted to continue using this device for at least a year and then move to a different device or a platform.

I would like to get the screen replaced but don't know whether its a right thing to do considering the cost of the screen.
should I go with a third party screen?
what do you guys suggest?
I would just switch to Android. The OS is way dead thanks to the amazing Micro$00N and it's not worth it investing on a Windows phone right now.

Or at least that's what I did, went back to Android and don't regret from it. Never ever going back to Windows anymore (but I would've stayed if M$ would've done things well).

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I will eventually switch to android but would like to keep my Lumia as a standby phone.

I have replaced screens in my 1520s with no issues, but I use to do that kind of work for about 4 years and it is no big deal to me. The 640 XL is a new phone to me, I recently got one cheap a couple days ago. I wanted to replace the screen on mine at first since it has many scratches on it, but I decide to wait and instead ordered a back cover since the current one is cracked.

I would say if you plan to keep it as a spare and have already moved on, then do it at your leisure, plus the screens are fairly cheap for the 640 xl if you look on ebay. But be mindful of who you buy from in case you get a defecive screen. If you are still using it now, and it is your only phone, I would try to get a spare phone first in case the screen replacement is done and you damage something inadvertently. I broke two of my 1520s front facing cameras not knowing until I assembled it back up and turned it on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs