If Nokia was in charge, Lumia 950 would have liked like Nokia 8.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't necessarily think this is true. The Lumia 950 is, in fact, a Nokia design, just rebranded as a Microsoft phone. In fact, the only Microsoft phone that really shows any Microsoft DNA is the sadly under-utilized Lumia 650. All other Microsoft Lumia's started out under Nokia and were finished during the Nokia acquisition. If Nokia had been in charge entirely, the Lumia 950 could've possibly turned out differently, but who's to say it would've been for the better.
As for the new Nokia 8, this is more a product of HMD than it is Nokia. Nokia okays the designs and has a heavy hand in the decision making process, but all the new Nokia phones are more HMD. They're good phones, but they're plagued with strange compromises that are keeping them from toppling the current smartphone kings, like performance issues, less-than-perfect camera experiences, and below-average displays.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't necessarily think this is true. The Lumia 950 is, in fact, a Nokia design, just rebranded as a Microsoft phone. In fact, the only Microsoft phone that really shows any Microsoft DNA is the sadly under-utilized Lumia 650. All other Microsoft Lumia's started out under Nokia and were finished during the Nokia acquisition. If Nokia had been in charge entirely, the Lumia 950 could've possibly turned out differently, but who's to say it would've been for the better.
As for the new Nokia 8, this is more a product of HMD than it is Nokia. Nokia okays the designs and has a heavy hand in the decision making process, but all the new Nokia phones are more HMD. They're good phones, but they're plagued with strange compromises that are keeping them from toppling the current smartphone kings, like performance issues, less-than-perfect camera experiences, and below-average displays.

You got that right. The OP Can say all he likes but you know I have my Lumia 950 in a case and man does the case make the phone look awesome. I just feel everyone has there taste of a design. Though it be nice to see Nokia in full swing of making Windows Mobile phones again and tablets. That just my opinion though.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You got that right. The OP Can say all he likes but you know I have my Lumia 950 in a case and man does the case make the phone look awesome. I just feel everyone has there taste of a design. Though it be nice to see Nokia in full swing of making Windows Mobile phones again and tablets. That just my opinion though.

However nice it would be, I don't think we'll ever see Nokia making their own phones again. From here on out, it's all HMD using Nokia branding.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
The HMD folks are made up of original Nokia employees so I don't see what the problem is.

What I would like to know is does HMD have the patents for pureview technology ?

I have the Nokia 6 and it is a pretty good phone running stock Android. Just wish it had Lumia features like DDTW/DDTS and glance screen.

They are a new startup company and am hoping all the things many of us loved about Lumias will make it to future Nokia phones.

Last edited:

Gab A

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I have two questions regarding the Nokia 6. Would you have the answers since you have one?
1. Does it fully support LTE with at&t?
2. Does it support MirrorLink (i.e. the ability to display approved apps on a compatible car dashboard)?
Thanks!

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for such a long delay...in answer to your first question...yes it does support LTE with AT&T and also Tmobile.

No. 2 not sure about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea